Cheap Portable Metalworking Fluid Dispensers

Ulma, I have one of those Zoom spout oilers also, but was waiting to use up the oil on non critical things so I could refill with a known good machine oil. (God forbid, I should waist 4 oz. of oil to empty it) Do you use the Zoom oil on your machines? Also, it's been well over a year since I bought the Zoom, and Don't remember where I bought it, Any suggestions? Thanks JR49

Hey JR,
i use the Zoom on my Hercus lathe spindle bearings, and for my Atlas MFC's spindle bearings too.
it seems to be a good quality oil- i've been using it for many years without complaint,
everything from motor bearing/bushings to use as oil on my sharpening stone, to squeeky door hinges, to lubricating my tool box bearing slides.
anywhere a light oil would be sufficient for has been tried from my end.
i have usually gotten it from Orchard Supply Hardware,
but i'm sure other Big Box Stores or Industrial supply companies also carry the liquid gold with a spout!

Thanks, ULMA, well, based on my experience reading your very informative threads, if you say its good oil I can "take it to the bank" Thanks, JR49

I like the Golden Rod oil cans with the flexible spouts. I like getting oil on everything but in the oil cut that it goes into.
When I was in my early childhood, I recall getting a hold of the oil cans at grand dads place and having oil can fights with my brother. And the trouble we got into, well i'll just say it wasn't pleasant! And the mess we had to clean up, too!

I wear contact lenses and have used the empty plastic bottles that the Saline Solution comes in for assembly oil many times when assembling race engines, tapping oil,, etc. They come in many sizes from samples to a liter.
They don't seem to leak or spill oil as badly as the bottles with the square flip up nozzles.
Best part is: THEY'RE FREE !!!

Back