Cheap Portable Metalworking Fluid Dispensers

yup, any of those handy little bottles that appear in my house get appropriated as oil bottles :) I think I even used one of the kids doll bottles by accident, but once it had dark sulphur oil in it they didn't want it back!

I use to get bug juice as a spacial treat for the kids. It isn't a tiny stream but they are very useful. I usually kept ARF in them. That is the most used fluid next to water on my place.

Oops!! That happens sometimes I guess. Thanks for answering that one, for the life of me I could not figure out what ARF was and I was pretty curious. I never gave a thought to a typo for ATF, but I don't know why.

out west of the rockies, we have a company that provides oilers with long tube spouts that retract into the 6oz dispenser.
the company is Zoom and the product is the Zoom Spout Oiler.
it comes filled with a light wt spindle oil.
it's very handy for oiling motor bearings on old motors because the spout extends about 8" from the bottle. the tube is about 1/8"od
the bottles never go bad, so i keep refilling them with other lubricants and mixtures ad-infinitum and keep plugging along.

another suggestion for inexpensive dispenser bottles is the travel section at your local grocery store or big box store.
the dollar store is also a mecca for inexpensive spouted containers/bottles

I use my other half's discarded hair dye bottles with an empty ball point pen refill for a spout.

My wife likes to keep her original hair colour too and keeps me supplied with plenty of those bottles. Hadn't thought of adding an extension tube to the nozzle, but I'll have to test that.

out west of the rockies, we have a company that provides oilers with long tube spouts that retract into the 6oz dispenser.
the company is Zoom and the product is the Zoom Spout Oiler.
it comes filled with a light wt spindle oil.
it's very handy for oiling motor bearings on old motors because the spout extends about 8" from the bottle. the tube is about 1/8"od
the bottles never go bad, so i keep refilling them with other lubricants and mixtures ad-infinitum and keep plugging along.

another suggestion for inexpensive dispenser bottles is the travel section at your local grocery store or big box store.
the dollar store is also a mecca for inexpensive spouted containers/bottles

Ulma, I have one of those Zoom spout oilers also, but was waiting to use up the oil on non critical things so I could refill with a known good machine oil. (God forbid, I should waist 4 oz. of oil to empty it) Do you use the Zoom oil on your machines? Also, it's been well over a year since I bought the Zoom, and Don't remember where I bought it, Any suggestions? Thanks JR49

I actually have an old sewing machine oil bottle that has the long tube on it, and it works great, Could be a little smaller though, I also have one of the old tin sewing machine oil cans with the long fine nose on it. Other than that I have a bunch of mismatch plastic from al kinds of stuff. Just like old pill bottles of all sizes work for holding screws, and various other small objects.

Back