Chance to buy a South Bend Lathe

A little progress.. well kind of.. I bought this collet rack with some collets, but turned out to be the wrong size. This is a 4C and as everyone knows, the 10L uses a 5C. I got it for a decent price, so I figured I would clean it up and relist and probably get enough to buy the right one.

Last edited:
Great looking!
What did you do about the missing star knob screw?
I have a 13" and missing mine but have been running it for several years now after rebuild and no problem........But it's always in the back of my mind bugging me.......
I also was missing a few balls in the thrust bearings and had to divide between the two!!
You gotta run what you brung sometimes!

Great looking!
What did you do about the missing star knob screw?
I have a 13" and missing mine but have been running it for several years now after rebuild and no problem........But it's always in the back of my mind bugging me.......
I also was missing a few balls in the thrust bearings and had to divide between the two!!
You gotta run what you brung sometimes!

I was going to buy one from Ted (latheman2@aol.com) 10.00 plus shipping, but seems he is mad at me for asking too many questions and wanting seperate pricing for 400.00 worth of tooling. Oh well.. he's not the only game in town.

Chuck, all that hard work is paying off really well. Very nice looking parts going together there.

Chuck, all that hard work is paying off really well. Very nice looking parts going together there.

Thank you and welcome to the forum.

Projects on hold for a while. I took a couple days off from work to be around for my wife, who had knee surgery. On the way home from the surgery I stopped to get her meds and while returing to the vehicle, I fell in the parking lot and broke my knee cap... Turned around and went back to the same doctor, now I need surgery and will miss even more work. :angry:

ahh.. the ironies of life..

Dadgummitttttt!!!!
Sometimes when it rains it pours!!!

Get Well Soon!!!!!

Thanks guys. I have an appointment this morning. I will learn my fate.

Back