Can you get 4500psi welding gas bottles for Mig welding

That is where Bar-Litre calculations come in for understanding the rather large potential contained in the pressure vessel.

That is where Bar-Litre calculations come in for understanding the rather large potential contained in the pressure vessel.
The fastest way to find the potential is to leave the top off and knock it over against something that will shear the valve off....

The fastest way to find the potential is to leave the top off and knock it over against something that will shear the valve off....
And possibly kill or seriously injure yourself and/or somebody else? no thanks!

Not all of them use the higher pressure. I asked a friend of mine at the local fire department about getting an old bottle, but he said all of theirs are the lower pressure ones, I think it was 2300 psi, so they are unsuitable for PCP airguns. Also, if they aged out for the fire department, then they are past their 15 year certification and he won’t be able to get it filled, so he will need his own compressor anyways.
If they have aged past certification I would not continue to use them at previous high pressure. We use to drill/cut a large hole in old cylinders when they could not pass certs to eliminate legal liability.

Not all of them use the higher pressure. I asked a friend of mine at the local fire department about getting an old bottle, but he said all of theirs are the lower pressure ones, I think it was 2300 psi, so they are unsuitable for PCP airguns. Also, if they aged out for the fire department, then they are past their 15 year certification and he won’t be able to get it filled, so he will need his own compressor anyways.
2300 to 2500 is fairly common.

If they have aged past certification I would not continue to use them at previous high pressure. We use to drill/cut a large hole in old cylinders when they could not pass certs to eliminate legal liability.
The Navy did a study and found these tanks have infinite life when used within their rated pressure. These same tanks are also certified for 30 years in Europe instead of 15 here, so I am not concerned about using a composite tank past its certification provided it doesn’t have any visible damage.

The Navy did a study and found these tanks have infinite life when used within their rated pressure. These same tanks are also certified for 30 years in Europe instead of 15 here, so I am not concerned about using a composite tank past its certification provided it doesn’t have any visible damage.
Composite pressure Vessel? Have you not heard of TITAN recently??

Would rather rely on steel wrapped with kevlar.

Back