Can we talk about retirement?

Jokingly I told my wife that if she ever came home, and asked me " well, what did you do all day" I'd knock her out. Remember I said jokingly.... :)

When you think about it, I'm turning 65. In 15 years I'll be 80.
I just put myself in a funk.......

I agree man, you have to enjoy the time we have. Stay healthy.
My dad waited until he was 72 to retire. 42 years at the same place. He didn't need to but the average retirement benefit payout for his peers was 2 years. He was afraid if he retired he would die within a couple of years. On his 80th birthday he told me he should have retired sooner. He turned 90 this year and still active and healthy.

Take it while you can and enjoy every second of if.

Been doing that for over 16 years now and enjoy life tremendously. My wife and hobbies keep me healthy. The first year or two were funky but once I got in the new rhythm there was no looking back!

Only in your mind . ;) I'll still be out cutting trees down ........................................at least I hope to be . :rolleyes:
My mom, who passed several years ago at 80 would always tell me her mind still felt 20 and would get frustrated when her body couldn't keep up.

I have days my mind still feels 12, my body feels 25 and I am rudely reminded that I am closer to 60 than 50 when I peel myself out of bed the next morning!

My dad waited until he was 72 to retire. 42 years at the same place. He didn't need to but the average retirement benefit payout for his peers was 2 years. He was afraid if he retired he would die within a couple of years. On his 80th birthday he told me he should have retired sooner. He turned 90 this year and still active and healthy.

Good for him!!

Back