Can we talk about retirement?

Congratulations Jeff and Papa Charlie on retirement. I've been retired for 6 month and love it!

Mmcmdl, Glad to here things are going OK. I hope it continues that way.

I'm going to miss my gas card, cell phone and pay checks!!
No gas card here . Haven't used the company cell phone , but yeah , I haven't been paid in 6 weeks ! :eek::grin:

To answer your question , retirement has be pretty good ! The only problem is time goes be very quickly . I just to my wife this morning it’s been 13 months , can’t believe it ! I didn’t get as much done to the house as i thought i would and realize I’m not going to replace the windows & siding that i thought I was going to do . Were planing to have it done in spring so I took some money from the 401k and I‘ll take the rest next year to keep it in the lower tax bracket .Congratulations !!!!!!!!

That's wonderful news.

I'm going to miss my gas card, cell phone and pay checks!!
What was strange is when I left the building, and the door shut behind me. I realized that my ID would no longer allow me to enter. Funny feeling. Similarly, I have used my cell phone for my alarm for the past 4 years, same phone. When I got up yesterday and turned off the alarm, I went in and deleted the setting. Oddly, that felt like I had lost something. I enjoyed my work up until about 3 years ago when they started this Critical Race stuff and management changed. I am actually a little sad to leave but looking forward to the next chapter. Like starting a new job, it is change and will take a little time to settle in.

Back