Build thread for my CNC Plasma Table

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Although I have not officially started building my table yet I have been collecting parts for it and have received some of my electronics package today. I got all my actual electronics minus the motors that are being drop shipped from another location. Here's what I got today

electronics package (2).JPG Electronics package.JPG

Those drivers and big ol' steppers sure are nice..

Keep this coming, I'm building the same thing right now. I have my power supply, breakout board, 3 steppers, 3 drivers, Y and Z axis roton ball screws and nuts (need X axis screw) and about 40' of linear rails and trucks I got from an auction. My frame is being built on the 80/20 aluminum extrusion with linear rails mounted to it and the gantry of similar material. I am building a small machine sort of modeled after the 2' x 4' series that Torchmate sells.
Since I'm still planning the frame, any different ideas you have may help me immensely.

Thanks for posting this and please keep it up!!

Very Cool!

What are you going to use for CAD and CAM? Is this a kit you are getting or a scratch build?

Scratch build, the controllers come with a limited use Mach 3, for now I guess I'll be using Mach 3 & Lazy Cam. I will definately need help with these:thinking::bitingnails:

I know a little about MACH3, but I use CamBam-I know nothing about LazyCam.

I got my steppers today (4) of them:biggrin: They are huge compared to the ones I have collected from the salvage yard. Took a picture of my actual gantry and what I plan on using for my Z axis. Gonna order steel tomorrow or the next day for my frame.
I'm getting stoked

electronics package (3).JPG steppers.JPG steppers (2).JPG Gantry.JPG Z Axis.JPG Z Axis (2).JPG

Back