Bozos And Horror Stories

Wire brushes on angle grinders were never a good idea. I had one kick back on me and wound itself into the sweatshirt I was wearing. scratched my chest up a little but mostly scared the crap out of me. I walked into the house with the grinder still hanking from my chest, had the wife help me cut it loose from the shirt. She got a good laugh out of it.
I did something similar while working pipeline 40 years ago. 19 years old, working alone with a wire brush in an angle grinder, a tool which I never had used. I had on a flannel shirt with loose tails, front and rear. The brush wound itself into the loose tail in front and stopped half a second later just below my neck. If I'd had the trigger lock on I wouldn't be here today.

Bad thing is this one the trigger auto locks on with out my help. Cheap old HF one that have had for a long time. (one of thing from HF that has lasted good)

They are dangerous. Have this to show for being in a hurry and wearing loose cuff gloves - bad idea.
7ad1a8a64af59a87837147f322074190.jpg
Got too close and the wire cup sucked the cuff in. Ouch.
My last bad encounter, 20 years or so ago, when a wire cup caught in som scrollwork I was cleaning left me with a nice scar under my chin. Think about that day every time I shave.

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad thing is this one the trigger auto locks on with out my help. Cheap old HF one that have had for a long time. (one of thing from HF that has lasted good)
Why not remove the lock?

Wire brushes on angle grinders were never a good idea. I had one kick back on me and wound itself into the sweatshirt I was wearing. scratched my chest up a little but mostly scared the crap out of me. I walked into the house with the grinder still hanking from my chest, had the wife help me cut it loose from the shirt. She got a good laugh out of it.
ANY spinning wire brush sucks....hate those things...

don't be this guy. chose your wooden beams carefully.

not to mention stay out of the engine compartment while lifting an engine..

FullSizeRender 49.jpg

Back