best affordable 6 inch rotary table

QMT (Precision Matthews) sells the Vertex RTs & so does H&H Industrial. FYI Rutland is no longer in business, they were bought out by MSC, well at least my local Rutland store was.

I called quality machine tool yesterday they have the vertex and the 8 inch is 369 shipped and the 6 is 269

Hamilton Tool & Supply in Beaverkill Falls, PA had the Vertex indexing plates, and IIRC they also listed the tables. Do check that the one you're actually getting is Taiwan-made, though; manufacturers in that part of the world tend to outsource stuff to the mainland, with, shall we say, less than spectacular results.

BTW at the time I got mine, several years back, Penn told me they'd had trouble getting Vertex rotabs, and as a result, were carrying a brand from India -- "Baron" I think. I have no idea what their quality is like.

I HAVE AN 8" HOFMANN ROTARY TABLE .
GERMAN MADE & QUITE NICELY DONE .

I GOT IT USED IN BEAUTIFUL CONDITION & WELL WITHIN YOUR BUDGET .

DSC_0197.JPG

The Grizzly G1049 I have & the H7527 mentioned above are the same RT only the 1049 includes the tailstock.

The Grizzly G1049 I have & the H7527 mentioned above are the same RT only the 1049 includes the tailstock.

Except that the G1049 is made in Taiwan & the H7527 is made in India, that's why all the accessories can be included for not very much more. Just pointing that out for those that care about COO.

Good to know darkzero. I did wonder how the tailstock, etc could only be an extra $10. I gave away my tailstock without even opening the box. Now that I need a tailstock for my B&S 2 ........ suddenly these things are outright expensive.

My experience with India-made machined parts has been horrible--much lower quality than the lowest grade Chinese imports. I picked up a used 12" Troyke rotary table for $450.

My experience with India-made machined parts has been horrible--much lower quality than the lowest grade Chinese imports. I picked up a used 12" Troyke rotary table for $450.
Recently or years ago? Asking because I have maybe two or three India made parts that seem quite well made.

Recently or years ago? Asking because I have maybe two or three India made parts that seem quite well made.

Around 5 years ago. The parts were threaded photographic filter adapters and were unusable as the threads felt like they had gravel in them.

Back