Been thinking about a new car

One data point on Subarus. We just went through 3 years of pain with our Subaru Ascent, 2019. A number of issues including dead, undersized battery $1??, coil springs they forgot to debur and which cut through the rubber grommets $800, replaced CVT transmission under recall (finally after lots of trips to the shop), rear gate that would open on its own (which killed the battery). Strange software choices Eg. If you open the rear hatch, the battery gets 4.6 Amps pulled continuously for several hours. Always carried jumper cables camping.

Maybe they have their game back together now but our experience was not good. Now that it is "fixed" it is running fine. Always liked the car when it worked well.
The draw is the lift gate module and others not “going to sleep”
Get your key fob away from your vehicle. If its to close it will keep waking up modules

They kind of have a point. ;)

Most of these Kei trucks have a 6 foot bed which is longer than a lot of pickup trucks these days which run 5-5-1/2 feet, with 6-6-1/2 feet being "long beds".

I wanted an 8 foot for lumber but can live with the 6-1/2' bed on my truck. 8 foot sheet goods mean I have to drop the tail gate, but at least it is fully within the tailgate, and I can put narrow 8 foot goods (2x4s etc) diagonally and close the tailgate.
Could you imagine riding anywhere in that glorified go-cart? 43 horsepower! LOL. It couldn't tow a trailer full of leaves. I think they call it a rice burner.

Whoever made that video has no clue about market drivers.

Could you imagine riding anywhere in that glorified go-cart? 43 horsepower! LOL. It couldn't tow a trailer full of leaves. I think they call it a rice burner.

I can sum it up for him
America-Trucks what more needs to be said.

We loved our Subaru… it was my son’s first car. It was the one I used to pick up the Logan 820.

But the used car prices were crazy and we got more than what we paid new for it.. So we traded it for the second RAV4.

IMG_6847.jpeg
IMG_7804.jpeg

Um, that truck is exactly what many are demanding, a no frills, regular cab truck with a stick shift. Ok so this isn't what most imagine, but it checks a lot of the boxes. Also you might need to adjust your parody detector.

Obviously these won't replace something like an F250, but you have to admit they are more truck than a lot of the truck shaped objects on the road today.

Um, that truck is exactly what many are demanding, a no frills, regular cab truck with a stick shift. Ok so this isn't what most imagine, but it checks a lot of the boxes. Also you might need to adjust your parody detector.

Obviously these won't replace something like an F250, but you have to admit they are more truck than a lot of the truck shaped objects on the road today.
Most UTV's have more capability than this thing. The max load is 700-ish pounds. Only legal in 19 states but they must follow the same rules as ATVs.

Why are we talking about this? LOL.

I get your point @Aaron_W . I respect your contributions here at HM and don't mean any ill will.

Attachments

• 1709259718424.png
    1709259718424.png
    804.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Japan is chockers with tiny vehicles. It makes a lot of sense.
The streets are very narrow and built up in most places, distances are nowhere as huge as the US.
A lot of farms are small family holdings, tradies do not have to travel far for work.
Just beware of all the grannies with a kid on the back and front of a bicycle holding a brolly as they weave in and out of pedestrians.
Really really a cool place to visit

Really really a cool place to visit
I was in Japan a long time ago. Spent about two months there. Great place. Many of the streets were put in and built next too long before there were cars, traffic is crazy! Especially the taxi drivers. Better than a carnival ride. Recommended.

Back