Basic question

I'd like to second the request for a review!

I have a table I bought from certi-flat that uses holes for various attachments . They also sell a number of accessories. I have a CNC plasma table and considered making my own, but decided to just buy one. I'm very happy with the quality etc, but it doesn't have a 1/2 thick top. Good luck with your setup.
I use the 'best quality' my local supplier sells. Next time I'm in there, I'll ask. Right now it is after business hours...

Thanks you both.

That looks like a nice machine at an amazing price.
Please do post back with some reviews!
-brino
I'd like to second the request for a review!

will do guys.

So my cutters were supplied by Preimum Tool from Edmonton, Alberta. Don't know if they make them, or resell them, but here's the web address: www.premiumtool.com I'm not affiliated with them - I just have had really good life from my cutters.

I DO use soluable cutting oil in a spray bottle to help prolong cutting life, especially when cutting through welds. These cutters get HOT and really need the coolant/lube properties to cut fast and long.

I DO use soluable cutting oil in a spray bottle to help prolong cutting life, especially when cutting through welds.

Hey Dabbler, I have two concerns about "soluble oil".....
1) Do you use it on machine tools? If so, any issues with rust/staining under vises or the ways?

2) I bought some specifically for my power hack saw but have never used it as the tests I ran showed that at the recommended diluation, it still froze. I do try to keep the shop above freezing, but have a hard time guaranteeing it during Jan. and Feb. I am afraid of leaving it my reservior due to potential expansion.

Any thoughts/advice?

okay maybe three issues with it.......
3) I have considered diluation with a water/automotive-antifreeze mix, but too many resource warn of exposure to ethylene-glycol.
Like this:
"Based on a rather extensive database, it induces [skeletal variations and malformations] in rats and mice by all routes of exposure."[30]
From wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol#Toxicity

Thanks,
-brino

THis is why I use spray bottles. you mix up the minimum you need, and it can be stored in my house away from the cold. I try to keep my garage at +3C all winter, but stuff near the walls can freeze on really cold days. (-35C days)...

On the staining issue, if you leave the surface wet it will still stain. Even with the non-rusting additives, it still oxydizes the cast iron, in my experience. So I dry off with paper towels ad give a WD40 squirt to help with the staining. So I use Varsol mixed with sulfated oil most of the time. For these annular cutters they need cooling to cut well, so hence the solulable oil...

Back