Asbestos Asbestos Asbestos

... Myself included, though mainly in my younger years.

Some people have more balls than brains...
I think that is true for most of us...you get kicked enough they eventually stay up top and that is all we're left with.

Hold my beer a minute. . .

Your thanks "for my service" comes about 50 years late. When I came back to the States, kids were throwing bladders filled with blood (??chicken, pig??) Trashed a couple of sets of full dress blues.(expensive) All of my "career", I have pursued electricity. Marine electrician, industrial electrician, instrumentation (mechanical), electronics, computers, experimental(?). I have traveled for Wang Computers, Pacific Rim. Made repairs that are considered replacement only. (Control Data hard disk heads) Landed in a Beech D-18 when the pilot could not get the landing gear down. Rode through a typhoon eye.(class 4 hurricane) And many more "adventures(?)", many life threatening. We live 'til we die, whether it is at the age of 25 or 85. (My father's family averaged to 90, give or take)

There are innumerable hazards in life, many of them plain stupid. There are many more "manufactured" hazards where lawyers have generated fear of something relatively benign. Asbestos is dangerous, that was known long before it went to court. So is any number of other consumer products. By the way, it is "Trichloroethane, 1,1,1,Tech" that is deadly, "Trichloroethelene" will just get you drunk. If I get a strong whiff of trichlo, I will probably fall over dead. It generates "phosgene" gas when used around water or is hot. But with all that in mind, I still use it. Rarely, because what I have is not replacable. And under very controled circumstances. But I use it where it fits best, where nothing else will do the job.

I watch people racing up and down US 11, in the rain, many with bald tires, and a beer or coke at hand. Are those people any less dangerous than deadly chemicals? And I and my family have no control over such beyond staying inside, at home. I rewired my own house. Codes are not standards, they are merely the minimum acceptable. My system will exceed any code, anywhere. But is not acceptable most anywhere because I am not "licensed". And the authorities that issue that license? Many have a problem reading or writing. Rant complete. . . Life goes on, we live 'til we die, whether it is at the age of 25 or 85.

Back