Anyone still using the old style lantern holders ?

The Armstrong type tool holders have the advantage of being able to get into tight spots. It is also possible to adjust tool rake by repositioning on the rocker instead of having to regrind a tool.

I have the OEM Armstrong tool holders that came with my Atlas/Craftsman 6x18 which I used for many years. I don't use them much now as I se4ldom use that lathe. If I came across a set that would fit my Grizzly 602, I would be tempted to buy it.

I thought you were cleaning out... Oh, cleaning out to fit more tools... I don't know anyone here that can relate to that ... do you?
Here's the way I look at it Mr. chucker . I could buy a shaper for $700 and store it in the garage for a couple years . I could then sell it AND the lantern crap with it as a package deal for $500 . I'll be way ahead of the game . ( I do this on a high volume basis thus I make the big bucks in the end ) o_O

Here's the way I look at it Mr. chucker . I could buy a shaper for $700 and store it in the garage for a couple years . I could then sell it AND the lantern crap with it as a package deal for $500 . I'll be way ahead of the game . ( I do this on a high volume basis thus I make the big bucks in the end ) o_O
I understand. I've been down that road a few times.. telling my wife that's worth way more.. I buy it... I lose money.... by holding onto it until no one wants it anymore... It's a great way to get rich with junk that our wive's gets to clean out when we are gone.

edit: mine keeps asking me to make a list so when I'm gone she knows how much to ask for things... I think she wants to get rid of me. :rolleyes:

I got the original one with my Hardinge and only used it when I was de-rusting the 4 way but now I have a quick change so both of those will probably not be used again.

I use mine with a boring bar. But it's the only option I have right now. I like them fine. I thought I had a few. But I can't find them now. I guess I don't use them after all.

Back