Anyone bought from this site? Unbelievable prices on welders, plasma cutters

Alloy, have you or anybody else had an experience getting a refund from eBay? Several weeks ago, I purchased an 8" 3-jaw chuck that has managed to get lost by USPS. That is totally verified by USPS: it was properly shipped and can be traced to two points; then it disappears in their system.

I paid for it with PayPal, so I know I'm 'covered'. I have been informed by eBay that I am due a refund through their Money-Back Guarantee (or whatever their title for this coverage may be), and the vendor has been super about working to resolve this, but apparently this is virgin territory for him as well as me. I find the instructions on what to do and when to be rather confusing. And the last thing I want to happen is to inadvertently miss a deadline and lose out on the recovery - it's about $350.

Regards,
Terry
Call ebay. I've got a part that I just received yesterday that was way late, and it's not what I ordered. I'm going to call them today since I submitted a lost item report, then it arrived and tracking verifies this. But since it was delivered I'll have to call them to get anything done on this.

On my original subject I decided to call Hobart and sure enough it' a scam. The lady answering the phone said they are getting over 100 calls per hour on this, and they have lawyers working on taking the site down. And she said do not give them any information.

So.........................I am not going to get a coveted "You Suck" this time :frown:

Call ebay. I've got a part that I just received yesterday that was way late, and it's not what I ordered. I'm going to call them today since I submitted a lost item report, then it arrived and tracking verifies this. But since it was delivered I'll have to call them to get anything done on this.

On my original subject I decided to call Hobart and sure enough it' a scam. The lady answering the phone said they are getting over 100 calls per hour on this, and they have lawyers working on taking the site down. And she said do not give them any information.

So.........................I am not going to get a coveted "You Suck" this time :frown:
Had a text conversation with them earlier. It took about fifteen or twenty minutes, but by the end of the text, they had confirmed everything I was telling them. They stated that I would be getting a full refund in the next 24 to 48 hours. Glad I had the communication through their text system. I now have a printed confirmation of the entire conversation. A little confusing to travel through the uncharted territory, but once it was completed, it turned out to be a rather seamless process.

Hopefully, the chuck will still show up. If it does, I can remit the refund back to them and the vendor. I'd rather have the chuck than the refund.

On the part you recently received, how do you define 'way late'? My order was placed November 13.

Regards and thanks for the information,
Terry

Alloy, have you or anybody else had an experience getting a refund from eBay? Several weeks ago, I purchased an 8" 3-jaw chuck that has managed to get lost by USPS. That is totally verified by USPS: it was properly shipped and can be traced to two points; then it disappears in their system.

I paid for it with PayPal, so I know I'm 'covered'. I have been informed by eBay that I am due a refund through their Money-Back Guarantee (or whatever their title for this coverage may be), and the vendor has been super about working to resolve this, but apparently this is virgin territory for him as well as me. I find the instructions on what to do and when to be rather confusing. And the last thing I want to happen is to inadvertently miss a deadline and lose out on the recovery - it's about $350.

Regards,
Terry
Once you get in ebays system you will get the refund, not always quickly(like less than 1 week). USPS has lost(like a black hole) items of mine and I did eventually get a refund.Ebay should tell you a timeline-if not call them.

Once you get in ebays system you will get the refund, not always quickly(like less than 1 week). USPS has lost(like a black hole) items of mine and I did eventually get a refund.Ebay should tell you a timeline-if not call them.
Thanks for the information, RGL.

The message I got from eBay said the money should hit my account (credit to PayPal, I assume) in three to five business days. I'll be checking regularly to make sure it happens.

Still holding out hope for receiving the chuck. New-Open Box Rohm 8" 3-jaw. Would be a shame for that thing to become totally lost.

I looked into the Hobart welders featured at ultra low prices, that was originally featured on Facebook. My feeling is that the prices were too good to be true. Shortly after looking up the low price Hobart welders, I'm now seeing ads for ultra low price Lincoln welders. My vote: SCAM!

I saw that also. I don't go on FB much, mostly to look for cars and parts and every time I do I see these ads. I always mark them as a scam, but it doesn't seem to help. FB is all about profit and someone is paying for the ads to be there and they won't cut off a paying customer.

I have reported dozens of ads, pure bull, etc. to Facebook as scams. I have never had a followup from them.

I have reported dozens of ads, pure bull, etc. to Facebook as scams. I have never had a followup from them.
Of course not, that is their cash cow. And scamming people out of money is evidently moral to them.

But say one thing political they don't agree with and they take the "moral" high ground and ban you.

Obviously we can't do anything as individuals. We have a congresswoman here and she is always posting how she helps the little guy and posting stories about it.

I think I'm going to write her and see if she will take up our cause. And it's not just us. Being machinist we see the welder scam, but I'm sure there are many, many other scams on FB that our outside of our interests that are on there. I think as a congresswoman she would get some good press taking on FB.

Can't hurt to try I guess, maybe displace a few electrons and waste some of my time, but if no one does nothing, nothing will be done.

If anyone else wants to try please do. The squeaky wheel gets the grease as the old saying goes.

I guess the only thing I worry about saying this here is this could be construed as becoming political involving contacting senators and congressman/women. But not my call, admins will have to decide if we can discuss this here. This is not about voting for anyone, or about republicans or democrats, it's about scammers that hurt all of us and FB allowing it to continue to happen to make more money.

I'm going to find her contact info now and give it a shot.

Back