Anyone bought from this site? Unbelievable prices on welders, plasma cutters

1000000% scam. A ton of “counterfeit” sites like this out there. Someone explained it to me, I don’t quite understand, but somehow these are keyed in on your search history so they really know how and when to hit you.

I’ve noticed that the prices tend to be pretty random. A welder for $149 and then a milling machine for $349. None of it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a 404 error on the plasma cutter. Not sure why, but if it was there less than an hour ago it should be there now.

Don’t give them your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobart does sell factory reconditioned machines, but they are usually more like 20-30% off not 90% off. Treated like new regarding warranty and such. Availability varies, right now a lot of items are not available. I guess if they don't have new, then they don't have refurbished either, Prices also vary with some having an even lower sale price, assuming these are items they have a lot of and want to move.

I picked up a Hobart 12i from the factory store earlier this year for $559, the current retail price is $939, so mine was about 40% off. When it showed up the only thing giving away that it was reconditioned was the sticker on the box, the unit looked brand new, the box looked brand new.
I assume these are returns gone over by the factory and re-packaged. These are sold through Hobart though, not a third party.

https://www.hobartweldshop.com/reconditioned-welders-plasma-cutters/

I really like Hobart products for the money. Seem to be every bit as good as Lincon/Miller, but better pricing. That said $148, got to be a scam. I bought my i40 5-6 years ago and paid around $1300. Prices may have come down, but not that much. Mike

I can pay with paypal so can get my money back if it is a scam.
Alloy, have you or anybody else had an experience getting a refund from eBay? Several weeks ago, I purchased an 8" 3-jaw chuck that has managed to get lost by USPS. That is totally verified by USPS: it was properly shipped and can be traced to two points; then it disappears in their system.

I paid for it with PayPal, so I know I'm 'covered'. I have been informed by eBay that I am due a refund through their Money-Back Guarantee (or whatever their title for this coverage may be), and the vendor has been super about working to resolve this, but apparently this is virgin territory for him as well as me. I find the instructions on what to do and when to be rather confusing. And the last thing I want to happen is to inadvertently miss a deadline and lose out on the recovery - it's about $350.

Regards,
Terry

   ~  whois constrstock.com  127 ✘  1m 41s 
Domain Name: CONSTRSTOCK.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2655550042_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.55hl.com
Registrar URL: http://www.55hl.com
Updated Date: 2021-11-18T06:34:20Z
Creation Date: 2021-11-17T09:06:48Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-11-17T09:06:48Z
Registrar: Jiangsu Bangning Science & technology Co. Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 1469
Domain Name: constrstock.com

The website name was created less than a month ago, and only registered for one year (the minimum). There is a message in there.

Here's who registered that domain:
1639486608568.png

I am NOT saying it's fake just because it is in China.
However,
1) it was only registered in Nov. that makes it feel like one of those pop-up, scam, and move-on sites.
2) it may be harder to deal with them if they do send you something broken, different (knock-off), etc.

If you can stand to lose the $200, let us know how it goes.

Maybe you'll get a big "You Suck" from us for getting a great deal....... maybe!

-brino

Back