Anyone bought from this site? Unbelievable prices on welders, plasma cutters

This is a new Linux install and I didn't have the network-tools packages installed. I woulda been a minute or two sooner otherwise/ :)

I used to work for the worlds biggest bargain hunter. He was constantly finding these incredible deals online. I would give "whois" and "host" and a geo-location site a good workout.

   ~  whois constrstock.com  127 ✘  1m 41s 
Domain Name: CONSTRSTOCK.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2655550042_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.55hl.com
Registrar URL: http://www.55hl.com
Updated Date: 2021-11-18T06:34:20Z
Creation Date: 2021-11-17T09:06:48Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2022-11-17T09:06:48Z
Registrar: Jiangsu Bangning Science & technology Co. Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 1469
Domain Name: constrstock.com

The website name was created less than a month ago, and only registered for one year (the minimum). There is a message in there.
About us page , https://www.constrstock.com/pages/about-us
Nearly good but failed gramma (and I'm one to talk :) )
"Our Welding Products has spent decades (precisely since 1917) designing, testing and manufacturing a full range of welding and cutting products,"

But the clincher (apart from silly prices)
Sale of goods and services page , https://www.constrstock.com/pages/sale-of-products-and-services

Soooo funny , what I thought I was looking at welding stufff ?

"A. Products

End-Users Only/Resale Prohibited: this Site is intended only for sales to end-user customers who may use the GoPro products for personal or professional purposes. Products sold through the Site are not authorized for resale or export. The resale of a GoPro product without the authorization of GoPro is an infringement of GoPro’s intellectual property rights. By submitting an order on GoPro.com, you agree that you are not purchasing GoPro’s products for resale.
"
They honestly haven't just copy pasta the whole website from some ware else. :)

Stu

Yep, I get the same Facebook advertisement. It was fun to look at, but I recognized it as a scam immediately.
The closest thing to a "steal" which is legitimate, was when YesWelder did a Kickstarter for their MP200 welder which does 5 processes. They had the kickstarter for about 500 bucks. Now they are around $1000 each. The Kickstarter has just started to deliver them.

address they give is for the Hobart Brothers factory not a store.

I find it funny that Facebook can detect and mark any pictures, or text about vaccines... but cannot catch obvious scams.
They make addvert revenue, they don't care :( .

In the UK there was a massive scam group that was targeting specific hobbies, their adverts were on youtube for over 6 months maybe a year , I still see them now with a new web link or a different voice over.

Stu

Call ebay. I've got a part that I just received yesterday that was way late, and it's not what I ordered. I'm going to call them today since I submitted a lost item report, then it arrived and tracking verifies this. But since it was delivered I'll have to call them to get anything done on this.

On my original subject I decided to call Hobart and sure enough it's a scam. The lady answering the phone said they are getting over 100 calls per hour on this, and they have lawyers working on taking the site down. And she said do not give them any information.

So.........................I am not going to get a coveted "You Suck" this time :frown:

Last edited:
Back