Anyone bought from this site? Unbelievable prices on welders, plasma cutters

The website in the OP has been banned:

53B31ECA-60C5-4348-A2DA-374BAD5B8F4F.png

Yes I saw that, and several others they had are banned also. But the keep making new sites. They keep doing it so they must be people falling for the scam and sending them money. I'm not sure how much it cost to sponsor the ads on FB considering the number of ads they have, but I bet it isn't cheap by any means. The first ads used FB pay, now it's a link directly to there web site, and they even have paypal. I might just give paypal a call and see what they say about it. I did write my congresswoman tonight. At least I tried to do something about the problem, whether it will do any good remains to be seen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I did contact VTCNC admin and asked him about this conversation. Hopefully he will weigh in on it.

Last edited:
I use market place but only for in person sales like Craigslist, because I have no trust in the "ships to you" stuff. Not just stuff like this welder, but also so many 500lb item ships for $1, yeah right either the seller is an idiot or a scammer.

At least Ebay and Amazon make some effort to reduce scammers and will do something about it if sales go sideways.
Thankfully I rarely see anything of interest offered on marketplace that I can't find on an actual legitimate online sales site.

Yes I saw that, and several others they had are banned also. But the keep making new sites.

They keep doing it so they must be people falling for the scam and sending them money. I'm not sure how much it cost to sponsor the ads on FB considering the number of ads they have, but I bet it isn't cheap by any means. The first ads used FB pay, now it's a link directly to there web site, and they even have paypal. I might just give paypal a call and see what they say about it.

I did write my congresswoman tonight. At least I tried to do something about the problem, whether it will do any good remains to be seen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I did contact VTCNC admin and asked him about this conversation. Hopefully he will weight in on it.

I don't see your comment the slightest bit political other than the fact it mentions a politician. Suggesting you write your congressperson to address an issue seems perfectly reasonable to me and used to be considered a worthwhile way to bring attention to issues. I'm not sure how many politicians still "read" their mail that doesn't come with a check, but...

I certainly don't see trying to reduce scams as being the slightest bit controversial around here.

I just called paypal and had a very long conversation.

Paypal says they can't stop people from putting their code in websites and that in turn links to our paypal accounts. He said they have artificial intelligence working in the background that will flag accounts that go from zero sales to large amounts coming in overnight. And he said we are covered by purchase protection up to 6 months.

I told him once I ordered a 3d scanner and after 3 weeks I got a pair of cheap safety glasses. When I complained to paypal that I didn't receive the item I ordered one of the things they do is check the item shipping weight. A 3d scanner will weigh more than 2 ounces of safety glasses.

I asked what happens when the scammer closes down their website and closed their paypal account when the complaints start coming in do they lose money? He didn't confirm that, but said they have some powerful tools to track the money and they try to mark the money trail to prevent the scammer from doing it again. But scammers keep finding ways to get around it, and take the money and run.

Anyway he said they have our back and I feel better talking to them.

He did give me a link to www.ic3.gov to report scam sites. I'll do that today. I encourage everyone reading this to please do the same. I have a feeling with what's happening in the world with Russia's assets being frozen there will be more and more scams to try and get money as they become desperate when the sanctions take affect.

(and that's not a political statemen on my part, it's just a fact)

I just called paypal and had a very long conversation.

Paypal says they can't stop people from putting their code in websites and that in turn links to our paypal accounts. He said they have artificial intelligence working in the background that will flag accounts that go from zero sales to large amounts coming in overnight. And he said we are covered by purchase protection up to 6 months.

I told him once I ordered a 3d scanner and after 3 weeks I got a pair of cheap safety glasses. When I complained to paypal that I didn't receive the item I ordered one of the things they do is check the item shipping weight. A 3d scanner will weigh more than 2 ounces of safety glasses.

I asked what happens when the scammer closes down their website and closed their paypal account when the complaints start coming in do they lose money? He didn't confirm that, but said they have some powerful tools to track the money and they try to mark the money trail to prevent the scammer from doing it again. But scammers keep finding ways to get around it, and take the money and run.

Anyway he said they have our back and I feel better talking to them.

He did give me a link to www.ic3.gov to report scam sites. I'll do that today. I encourage everyone reading this to please do the same. I have a feeling with what's happening in the world with Russia's assets being frozen there will be more and more scams to try and get money as they become desperate when the sanctions take affect.

(and that's not a political statemen on my part, it's just a fact)
Everyone should be on guard with their online presence right now.

Remember, "if it is too good to be true, it is a scam."

@alloy - No controversy here. Carry on!
Thank you. I really appreciate your reply. I'm glad I'm not going against the rules.

Whether this accomplishes anything remains to be seen. But I just can't stand by and do nothing.

I'm not gong to change the world, but I may have a part in making a small part of it better with my efforts.

Back