Anvil

Charles scozzari

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Good morning, has anyone used or modified Hi/Lo forks into an anvil ? Thanks, Charlie.22EBC626-3161-46FE-BDDC-69BBA6BBE715.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning, has anyone used or modified Hi/Lo forks into an anvil ? Thanks, Charlie.
Are you talking about using a spare set of front forks in an automatic transmission flipped around to replace the drum on the back side to allow you to install additional clutch plates and steels?

Or are you talking about using a set of forklift forks as material to forge yourself an anvil? If so I would say it’s doable. From what I know about forks is they are not a hard steel.

Are you talking about using a spare set of front forks in an automatic transmission flipped around to replace the drum on the back side to allow you to install additional clutch plates and steels?
lol, your the first person I have met on here that knows anything about putting extra clutches in a clutch pack. I do this all the time. You may be a good person to ask about machining clutch backing plates. No one ever knows what I’m talking about when I ask about how to go about it

I should have given more infos to what forks I"m talking about. I am talking about using a single Yale,TCM,Hyster fork
Or are you talking about using a set of forklift forks as material to forge yourself an anvil? If so I would say it’s doable. From what I know about forks is they are not a hard steel.
Hi, yes a forklift fork. cut and used as an anvil

lol, your the first person I have met on here that knows anything about putting extra clutches in a clutch pack. I do this all the time. You may be a good person to ask about machining clutch backing plates. No one ever knows what I’m talking about when I ask about how to go about it
Yeah, machining the drum is the right way to do it, I tried using a spare set of forks and they will break....

Edit....

The issue most folks have is attempting to put to many additional plates and steels in the pack.

No, a forklift fork.

Back