Almost there, one thousanth of an inch

This is my dovetail swivel adaptor. Large hole is standard .375. Small hole is .250. This is a B&S unit, I do not have the number. The other things on your list will probably be needed at some point. Get what comes with the indicator ant the swivel adpt. below for now. The rest will come as you find the need.

"Billy G"

102_0178 (650 x 366).jpg

I grabbed a piece of 5/8 stock and tapped the end for my DI. I had to mill a small notch for clearance. I have a dedicated tool holder for it and it's a big help at least until I can grow a third hand.

TOOL POST INDICATOR HOLDER.JPG

I grabbed a piece of 5/8 stock and tapped the end for my DI. I had to mill a small notch for clearance. I have a dedicated tool holder for it and it's a big help at least until I can grow a third hand.
Thanks for the advice, all of you guys have been great, even though i am a total nube!
thanks,
jon

None of us was born knowing much, Jon. It's a privilege to find someone these days willing to ask questions about these things and actually want and need the answers. Believe me, we enjoy helping people learn about this stuff. Those of us that have been around it all our lives are watching sadly as people lose interest in industry in general.....so we don't mind the questions at all. We're glad you are here asking them, and you should be looking forward to when you will be helping others learn what you have. That's the way this works. We all were "noobs" at one point. All of us asked "dumb" questions....but we were smart enough to ask, and then to listen and learn. We all made mistakes, and again learned from it.

[SUB]Thanks Tony , I appreciate your positive response.

Regards,
Jon [/SUB]

Hi everyone, just ordered B & S .0005resolution from enco.
Will try to get set up right and rigid, using the tool holder.
Let you know when i am set up
thanks again ,
jon

Back