Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

This is todays progress, took out the old frame and inside tubs. From the frame to the fender lip is 16", should be able to fit something in the 14" section width range I think.

I am torn on how to proceed with the widening, cut the flanges out, and fill the gap, or cut the inner flange, and fill the inner gap there? I'm leaning to the latter....

PROGRESS!!!I have been stuck on fitting the wheel well tubs after moving the frame in, my sheet metal skills are worse than my machining skills :rolleyes:
A friend of mine offered to come, and help me, I found a company that has premade inserts, but they were a bit shy of filling in the whole gap, but we made it work. I filled the gap with plain sheet metal 3 times, and tore it out, it just would not fit the contour correctly, this is kind of a Frankenstein fitment, but it is doing the job. It will take a lot of makeup to hide it, but it's solid. This is a big advancement for the project.

PROGRESS!!!I have been stuck on fitting the wheel well tubs after moving the frame in, my sheet metal skills are worse than my machining skills :rolleyes:
A friend of mine offered to come, and help me, I found a company that has premade inserts, but they were a bit shy of filling in the whole gap, but we made it work. I filled the gap with plain sheet metal 3 times, and tore it out, it just would not fit the contour correctly, this is kind of a Frankenstein fitment, but it is doing the job. It will take a lot of makeup to hide it, but it's solid. This is a big advancement for the project.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Structurally, it looks sound.

Regards

It is solid for sure, it's just real fugly, it should look better with cosmetics :)

double post.

Last edited:
Nice clean job on the tubby tubs. All of the sub-class cars were so much lighter than the A-bodies, of course the racers loved them. Such a natural look!

I have to ask about the rear end... that's a lot of heavy plate! I've blown a few rear ends in my day, but never thought the housing would be much issue. What's it from, a forklift?

Back