Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

The traction bar bracket needs to be above the rim(see the rear end picture above), so I'm cutting out some of the drop that was added to the rear suspension.

I'm curious about why the TB mount needed to be raised (TB geometry? road clearance? other???)?
Won't that raise the rear body height?
How much change are we talking about?

The stance looked very good in the previous picture.

I didn't read any mention of it, but I guess your leg is well healed. You seem to be getting around pretty good. :clapping:

The foot is doing well. The PO had the car slammed way low, he had the housing up 4", and I added a spring with more arch to compensate, but the bracket is not allowed to be lower than the rim, so that's what I'm fixing now, I have the original drop spring to put back in.

I used a grinder to square the housing perches one side at a time, so the they are level. I bolted the perches to the springs, rolled the housing in, and dropped it on the perches. I strung the centerline to reference the trans, and pinion centerline, and got that lined up, then I put the tank up getting it inline with the filler tube, and put on the straps temporarily. Everything is up, and in but not finalized yet. I may not know what I'm doing, but I'm glad I have the tools to do it. :grin:

Last edited:
I have the perches welded back up, and the housing wire wheeled, Osphoed, repainted, and ready to go back in when dry. I'll polish the rust off of the tank next.

Is that Iike an Alston fab 9 housing? Looks great.

Back