A brass dividing set I made for my rotary table

George

All those fine detail, and personal preferance details do make all the differance in the final result of the parts you have built. Really nice work, a work of art really. :man:

Tony,I often find old serif sets on Ebay for MUCH less. Provided the seller's pictures are decent enough to see,and provided the idiots haven't photographed the BUTT ENDS of the stamps,as is often the case(sheesh!!!) However,Rio Grande Jewelry supply has recently started selling a variety of stamp sets. Among them,the same stamp set you referred to,but for considerably less. However,your set is lower case,which is not desirable. Upper case is wanted. But,the upper case sets that Rio Grande sells,such as the "elite",has these cutsey little tails on their letters that turn me off. In their current catalog,Taiwan sets are about $79.00,and Chinese are about $40.00. Maybe those prices have jumped and I'm not aware. Usually Amazon prices are good.

These new made stamps are annoyingly ROUND on their stamping ends. They have big,flat areas around the letters. I'd have to re grind those round ends away,to where I could readily see WHERE I was putting the stamp down exactly. That fact seems to have escaped current stamp makers. You're better off finding an old set for about $40.00 on Ebay. Their stamping ends taper down to near the edges of the letters,so you can see more exactly where you are placing them.

I really like shiny brass, what you've shown here is pure eye candy. Great work, thanks for the show.

Like I used to say about the silversmith: "It MUST be good,it's shiny"(they buffed everything absolutely to death,spoiling details.)

Back