9x20 Power Cross-feed Started Anew. Lol

Getting close. They fit perfect. Just some small things to finish up.

"Billy G"

102_0046 (700 x 525).jpg

Bill,
Where did you order the Pulleys from? I got a set like that from Motiontek in Canada. The shipped em pretty darn quick too. I think it was only 4 days from Canada to Fla and delivered to the house. I was definitely impressed when the arrived so quickly. I think my ratio was 3 to 1 and I planned to turn the stepper very slowly so the surface finish should be pretty good too. I guess I should count the teeth and figure out what they really are ratio wise. It really doesn't matter much because it isn't for threading so slower is actually better when it comes to surface finish for me. It is really lookin sweet though, I am totally jazzed watching this build...

Bob

I got mine from Dragonmarts in Erlinger Ky. Found them on E-Bay, $9.00 each. My ratio is 1:1. Perfect.

"Billy G"

Done for the day. Friction lock is on so drive pulley can override in case of over torque. It's that black knob on the driver.

"Billy G"

102_0047 (700 x 525).jpg

Jeeeesh Bill, you thought of everyting. Very nice! That is going to be one sweet 9x20

There have been 50+ mods that I made to this lathe Randy. I have one more to go. I am going to put a full tailstock turret on it. I have prints from "Downriver Tools". That will turn it into a full production lathe. I did all this because so many on other forums said it can't be done. Guess who has the last laugh. :lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

Almost there. Belt is on order, be here Saturday. The slot for the lever on the engagement pin is done. That is a 1/16 endmill and it was cranking at 1650 RPM. Lot's of fun with a manual mill.

"Billy G"

102_0048 (700 x 525).jpg

Re: 9X20 Power Cross-feed (ALL DONE, FINISHED)

The boys at Abel Transmission found two belts in the warehouse. It's a done deal, smooth as a goose. I love it when a plan comes together. Bob, that feed lever at the bottom does not hit the belt. I extended the crossfeed so I could extend its range 2.5 inches.

"Billy G"

102_0050 (700 x 525).jpg

Great work Bill, and thanks for letting us follow along.

So, the big question is, how does it cut?

Matt -- Thank you, So far I have only test cut 6061. Heavy face cut at .045 no problem. Great promise here with a little tweaking. I need to replace the front bearing on the cross slide, it growls horribly. You wouldn't notice it manually cutting. I have plenty of that size (R8). I will replace it tomorrow and start tweaking.

"Billy G"

Back