8520 Knee Bevel Gears

I made one ... took an old wheel and just put a pin in and it's done.
BTW, since you already have a mill, you might want to change the quill lock like I just did. It will improve your experience greatly. You need to offset the hole from the existing hole, and with a real mill, you would have the capabilities, and it will be short work.. I didn't have a second mill, so it was more involved.

This was an old wheel from my Southbend that was broken... welded it up and drilled, bushed, and pinned...
you don't need much

Attachments

• 20211222_120048.jpg
    20211222_120048.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211222_120057.jpg
    20211222_120057.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 7
I saw the lock.. really slick. do you have dimensions on modifications to the head?
How far you moved the hole and what diameter?
Dimensions for the brass sluggs?

my round column mill has good functioning quill lock which i think is identical to the one you have devised. quill has never dropped while machining as long as this is tight.

about what diameter wheel did you use? prolly doesn't matter much I guess.

mostly 7" My go to was 7" now about 5 sorry, I confused threads. that was for the surface grinder..
I'll have to measure.

The slug was 3/4 but turned down to I think .741..
I moved the hole but don't know how much. I didn't have a way to measure it.

slick and simple.. just have to dismantle the head and get it on the other mill.. prolly a good idea to scatter it and inspect things though.

just don't blow out the back of the hole. It's important the keep that structure there.
see pics of the back end.

I'll take out the lock from my round column and steal some dimensions.

Back