$500 or under plasma cutter?

Duty cycle is super important
One machine I looked that you poster had a 60% duty cycle. 60% worries me I would most likely brun the machine up in the first ten minutes
I bought my Hypertherm plasma cutter like 1996. for my welding shop, and never had any issues.
I suggest buying a plasma cutter that made by a well known brand like Hypertherm, miller, Lincoln or Hobart
a 300$ machine cannot have decent copper windings ,most likely aluminum windings

If you can wait, save up for a Hypertherm. I had a cheap plasma cutter. It was a bad experience.
Bought the Hypertherm Powermax 45XP. Wow, what a difference. The consumables last forever, you can gouge with it also.
Super clean cuts.
Save and buy quality one time.
My 2 cents.

Duty cycle is super important
One machine I looked that you poster had a 60% duty cycle. 60% worries me I would most likely brun the machine up in the first ten minutes
I bought my Hypertherm plasma cutter like 1996. for my welding shop, and never had any issues.
I suggest buying a plasma cutter that made by a well known brand like Hypertherm, miller, Lincoln or Hobart
a 300$ machine cannot have decent copper windings ,most likely aluminum windings

You do understand that a 60% duty cycle is far more than I need as a hobbiest. I'm not a production machine shop so you need to temper duty cycle vs cost. I simply do not need a professional machine at 5 times the cost.

You do understand that a 60% duty cycle is far more than I need as a hobbiest. I'm not a production machine shop so you need to temper duty cycle vs cost. I simply do not need a professional machine at 5 times the cost.
You get what you pay for ...
Good machine new is over 2 K good used machine is 1 k ........... that's the market I would be looking .
If the machine has aluminum windings don't buy it
Good luck

If you can wait, save up for a Hypertherm. I had a cheap plasma cutter. It was a bad experience.
Bought the Hypertherm Powermax 45XP. Wow, what a difference. The consumables last forever, you can gouge with it also.
Super clean cuts.
My 2 cents.
Right on,,
Knowledge plus wisdom is winning combination

Super clean cuts.
My 2 cents.
Why don't we have a laughing emoji?

I'm a hobby guy goofing off in his garage. I don't need a professional machine. Just an inexpensive unit for odd projects. Do you drive a ford 450 super duty dually for groceries and that is all you'll ever drive for groceries?

You get what you pay for ...
Good machine new is over 2 K good used machine is 1 k ........... that's the market I would be looking .
If the machine has aluminum windings don't buy it
Good luck
I'm sorry but you simply do not understand my needs or can you read exactly what I requested in my original post. I have budget limits and no amount of posts to the contrary are going to convince me I cannot have a plasma cutter unless I buy one I cannot afford.

I cannot buy an expensive unit. Period.

I am going to buy a plasma cutter. Period.

Arguing either point is useless. I'm asking for actual experiences with less expensive units so I can pick the best one for me. I will use it until it fails and decide on another one later. I'm not going to just not make the thousands of cuts the cheap one will make just because you say no.....

I'm sorry but you simply do not understand my needs or can you read exactly what I requested in my original post. I have budget limits and no amount of posts to the contrary are going to convince me I cannot have a plasma cutter unless I buy one I cannot afford.

I cannot buy an expensive unit. Period.

I am going to buy a plasma cutter. Period.

Arguing either point is useless. I'm asking for actual experiences with less expensive units so I can pick the best one for me. I will use it until it fails and decide on another one later. I'm not going to just not make the thousands of cuts the cheap one will make just because you say no.....
How is it possible for me to own welding shop and not know which machine work and which one don't ?
Everyone starts off as a hobby shop. You think I learned what duty cycle means by accident or after I burnt up a machine ?
Same as the differene from copper windings to aluminum winding .
Read the reviews on the machine you want to buy ,
here is what it said that machine only had 75% customer satisfaction That mean 1out 4 get screwed
Good luck

4.0 out of 5 stars
Third Generation GIANT Leap Backwards (REVISED LATER TO PLEASANT SURPRISE)
Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2023
Bitter disappointment. Unlike the highly rated previous model, this has changed the primary plug from 220 to 110, and made the conversion pigtail send 220 from the wall to a standard 110 female outlet capable of destroying any appliance plugged into it. This is unsafe,

Randal B.

1.0 out of 5 stars Internal Air Leaks
Reviewed in the United States on September 28, 2022
Style: BTC500DP 110/220Verified Purchase
I bought this for my shop after watching a YouTube video review and reading reviews on Amazon, good looking unit and well packed but when I hooked air to it, the unit had a serious internal air leak that caused it not to hold a steady pressure which caused erratic cuts because it couldn't regulate the air pressure. With that said it did work, just not correctly.

After this I called Amazon because it wouldn't give me the option to simply exchange it because there was not another available, so they had me contact the seller and it went downhill from there. The seller responded telling me to disassemble the unit and try to figure it out myself and then they would send me parts!!!! I told them I did not buy a brand new plasma cutter to repair it myself right out of the box and who was paying me to do (THEIR) warranty work? If I am working on the plasma cutter, I am not working on customer work which pays my bills and requested them to please just send me out a new unit and I could return that unit which would require them supplying me a return shipping label.

They responded back asking me to please just take it apart (told me it was easier than I think) which is irrelevant to the situation and no option for a replacement, only that I could return it to Amazon for a refund.

In-between those two exchanges I was mad and took it apart, found a bad airline quick connector and replaced it and also once that was fixed, I could hear the clear bowl leaking on the water Seperator, so I unscrewed it and sealed it properly which fixed the issues.

Needless to say, I will never buy another product from this company no matter how well the product works after I repaired it. You simply do not buy brand new products to have issues right out of the box then have the company tell you to repair it yourself! In the end after I spent my own time to repair it and replaced a part myself on a brand-new piece of equipment, the plasma cutter does work very well.

Customer service and QC obviously are both lacking.

UPDATE: Since my original review they have contacted me several times basically harassing me wanting proof it ever had an issue in the first place and wanting proof I even contacted Amazon and was told they couldn't exchange it, only return it for a refund etc. basically calling me a liar at every point. I told them I was reporting them to Amazon and DO NOT contact me again, they didn't listen and still continued. This is what you can expect from this company if you need customer service. I own a business and I order many thousands of dollars a year from Amazon, have no reason to lie about anything and was only asking for a replacement unit and return this one, nothing more, nothing less. Because of my remark about who was going to pay me to do (their warranty work) they offered me a 20.00 refund and I told them to keep it because they evidently needed it more than I did, after I told them I was reporting them to Amazon they then refunded me 30.00 AFTER telling them I didn't want it.

Sadly, if it was given out of doing the right thing in the first place, I would be singing them praises but it wasn't, it was only an attempt to cover their poor customer service AFTER the fact.

How is it possible for me to own welding shop and not know which machine work and which one don't ?
Everyone starts off as a hobby shop. You think I learned what duty cycle means by accident or after I burnt up a machine ?
Same as the differene from copper windings to aluminum winding .
Read the reviews on the machine you want to buy ,
here is what it said that machine only had 75% customer satisfaction That mean 1out 4 get screwed
Good luck

4.0 out of 5 starsThird Generation GIANT Leap Backwards (REVISED LATER TO PLEASANT SURPRISE)
Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2023
Bitter disappointment. Unlike the highly rated previous model, this has changed the primary plug from 220 to 110, and made the conversion pigtail send 220 from the wall to a standard 110 female outlet capable of destroying any appliance plugged into it. This is unsafe,

Randal B.
1.0 out of 5 stars Internal Air Leaks
Reviewed in the United States on September 28, 2022
Style: BTC500DP 110/220Verified Purchase
I bought this for my shop after watching a YouTube video review and reading reviews on Amazon, good looking unit and well packed but when I hooked air to it, the unit had a serious internal air leak that caused it not to hold a steady pressure which caused erratic cuts because it couldn't regulate the air pressure. With that said it did work, just not correctly.

After this I called Amazon because it wouldn't give me the option to simply exchange it because there was not another available, so they had me contact the seller and it went downhill from there. The seller responded telling me to disassemble the unit and try to figure it out myself and then they would send me parts!!!! I told them I did not buy a brand new plasma cutter to repair it myself right out of the box and who was paying me to do (THEIR) warranty work? If I am working on the plasma cutter, I am not working on customer work which pays my bills and requested them to please just send me out a new unit and I could return that unit which would require them supplying me a return shipping label.

They responded back asking me to please just take it apart (told me it was easier than I think) which is irrelevant to the situation and no option for a replacement, only that I could return it to Amazon for a refund.

In-between those two exchanges I was mad and took it apart, found a bad airline quick connector and replaced it and also once that was fixed, I could hear the clear bowl leaking on the water Seperator, so I unscrewed it and sealed it properly which fixed the issues.

Needless to say, I will never buy another product from this company no matter how well the product works after I repaired it. You simply do not buy brand new products to have issues right out of the box then have the company tell you to repair it yourself! In the end after I spent my own time to repair it and replaced a part myself on a brand-new piece of equipment, the plasma cutter does work very well.

Customer service and QC obviously are both lacking.

UPDATE: Since my original review they have contacted me several times basically harassing me wanting proof it ever had an issue in the first place and wanting proof I even contacted Amazon and was told they couldn't exchange it, only return it for a refund etc. basically calling me a liar at every point. I told them I was reporting them to Amazon and DO NOT contact me again, they didn't listen and still continued. This is what you can expect from this company if you need customer service. I own a business and I order many thousands of dollars a year from Amazon, have no reason to lie about anything and was only asking for a replacement unit and return this one, nothing more, nothing less. Because of my remark about who was going to pay me to do (their warranty work) they offered me a 20.00 refund and I told them to keep it because they evidently needed it more than I did, after I told them I was reporting them to Amazon they then refunded me 30.00 AFTER telling them I didn't want it.

Sadly, if it was given out of doing the right thing in the first place, I would be singing them praises but it wasn't, it was only an attempt to cover their poor customer service AFTER the fact.
Here you go.

PrimeWeld 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter with Non-Touch Pilot Arc, Automatic Dual-Voltage (110V/220V) and Dual-Frequency (50Hz/60Hz) Portable Plasma Cutter, 1/2" Clean Cut, CUT50DP https://a.co/d/epJBJvN

https://a.co/d/epJBJvN

93% 4 and 5 star

Back