$500 or under plasma cutter?

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I can swing $500 or less for an inexpensive plasma cutter. Are any of the inexpensive Amazon plasma cutters useful? I want 240v. 50+ amp. Built in regulator and water seperator.

I bought this one on Amazon at Christmas, works good so far used it about a dozen times. Really needs the 220 and no more then 60psi. I paid for mine in a single job, I cut the bottom out of a switch gear cabinet in about an hour.

Plasma Cutter,Pilot Arc BTC500DP 50Amps Dual Voltage 110/220V Plasma Cutting Machine (BTC500DP 110/220​

I bought this one on Amazon at Christmas, works good so far used it about a dozen times. Really needs the 220 and no more then 60psi. I paid for mine in a single job, I cut the bottom out of a switch gear cabinet in about an hour.

Plasma Cutter,Pilot Arc BTC500DP 50Amps Dual Voltage 110/220V Plasma Cutting Machine (BTC500DP 110/220​

I was looking at this one.

https://a.co/d/3hmbhvk

it's not expensive at all.

I got am 80 piece set of consumables for I think 30 bucks, have only used 2 nozzles up so far but I have only used the machine once for a full hour. Rest of the time use it to cut holes in angle and light plate For electrical panels And project stuff. I have the little cage guide thing for the torch end has helped a lot for doing straight cuts with a straight edge. Haven’t used a cutoff wheel since i got the plasma.

I picked up a pilot arc Cut50 for my CNC plasma and it's great.

Hobart has a refurbished store that sells refurbished Hobart equipment at a significant price reduction. I bought their light duty 120v plasma cutter with built in air compressor for $499. As they are refurbished not everything is always in stock.

Well it is higher that $500 now, as with many things prices keep going up and they don't have any at the moment, but I'll link anyway as things may change before you commit to one.

https://www.hobartweldshop.com/factory-refurbished-hobart-airforce-12ci-plasma-cutter/

Good morning, I would like to get your opinions on the Lincoln Pro-Cut 55 220v cutter if anyone is running one. I do have one that I bought new in the early 2000s. Thanks.

Back