Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was an interesting question, so I did a little research. An F150 has a 23 gallon tank and burns about 1/2 gallon per hour. So, if you had a full tank you've got about 46 hours of heat. An F150 lightning has a 98 kWh or a 131 kWh battery. Apparently an EV car heater burns a little less than 1.5kW/h, so that's about 65 hours or 87 hours depending on which battery you have. I wasn't expecting the EV to last 50% longer (with the smallest battery) but then the F150 lightning is advertised as being a potential power back up for your house if the electricity goes out, so maybe that makes sense.
1. How discharged was the battery at that particular point?
2. A person might listen to their radio, charge their phone too.
3. Advertising tends to stretch a point, so I'd question Ford's statement.

Those 3 points come from someone who doesn't like EVs,. No insult meant I just tend to question stuff.

I thought this was an interesting question, so I did a little research. An F150 has a 23 gallon tank and burns about 1/2 gallon per hour. So, if you had a full tank you've got about 46 hours of heat. An F150 lightning has a 98 kWh or a 131 kWh battery. Apparently an EV car heater burns a little less than 1.5kW/h, so that's about 65 hours or 87 hours depending on which battery you have. I wasn't expecting the EV to last 50% longer (with the smallest battery) but then the F150 lightning is advertised as being a potential power back up for your house if the electricity goes out, so maybe that makes sense.
From what I can find out, apparently a Tesla 3 cabin heater uses 7kw.

Capacity of battery pack 50 kWh

That’s about 7 hours of heat IF it’s freshly charged AND you get stuck in a blizzard before you get out of your driveway. Also assumes the battery produces full output until it’s dead. Doubtful.

That F150 must have a boat load of batteries to haul around. ;)

Let's have a little fun. If you have a clean joke to share, post a way. Remember no politics.

Here is my contribution.

Travel Plans!

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone. I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there. I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and work. I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore. I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often. I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm. Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older. One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age, I need all the stimuli I can get! I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country that was in. It's an age thing. They tell me it is very wet and damp there.

1. How discharged was the battery at that particular point?
2. A person might listen to their radio, charge their phone too.
3. Advertising tends to stretch a point, so I'd question Ford's statement.

Those 3 points come from someone who doesn't like EVs,. No insult meant I just tend to question stuff.
A 98kwh battery will probably run the radio and charge your phone for a year. Both these items are are incredibly low power. I would also guess that the internal heater is smaller than 1kw considering a small 500w space heater can be keep a small bedroom comfortable. A car interior would be uncomfortably warm even with a 500w battery

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back