2015 POTD Thread Archive

I added a micrometer stop to my bandsaw sled. The degree of precision is overkill but I got the Mitutoyo micrometer head for like 10 bucks on ebay!

z_qOYXwBfGghmGH64J0QOzH6Kq3M3KoM3c5NHMZUXEA5HsDKPsJ6acsDmYSK_a7OXRRN0CJDskTjOYCGHw=w1689-h955-no.jpg

The mic can be flipped out of the way for larger cuts as seen below.

UsJzD-t0qKREjbqb18Gb5iOdGqkg1oBd0TqTbuqms2AiPyGJutFvPuHtXDSXNjcSeV0bNwcGgarGx-YI0c=w1689-h955-no.jpg

OxYsvX_Skf8hVtuA_Wmr0BQ3sld7eNaAOEAMTW1zfJnlx212jrWUoKf_3vMqm48YlQqogC5VIm-T1cF5DM=w1689-h955-no.jpg
I made the thumb screw thingy. I tried to match the dimensions of the Mitutoyo mic. My knurling is still not great. I think I need a better tool...and a bigger lathe...and CNC etc...
Works great so far! I will use this all the time.

R

Last edited:
tonight, I started machining down the bottom of some new qctp holders to fit my 8" lathe. My pm-940 really didn't like using the 1-1/2" face-mill on them at all. They passed the file test pretty easily, but they machined like they where hardened, and left some gnarly burs. I tried a hss end-mill, and it cut them, but it to had issues, and left a nasty finish.

Does anyone know what qctp holders are normally made out of?

Wiped bearings on a pump shaft hub used on a wave solder machine. Need to a R &R . This is for a the smitten LEAD machine they put in back of my house ( at work) that ya;ll know that i dont like hate .. one of reasons im leaving ..long story.. However cuz im a nice guy and love fixing stuff i consider it a challenge and something to do other than the Mickey mouse stuff we do here .
yup last day of fun...
wna hear sumthin fuinny Told em for last 6 months that greasing it would be a good idea..lol..
got em a brand new grease gun with high temp grease.. ya think they used it ..lol.. nope lol... yesterday all siezed up pump shaft collar all loaded up with smuttz
shaft was welded to the bushing , collar and bearing hub wuith bearing assembly.. well lets say a mess to find what was what when disassembling ... got myself a lil project last 2 days been fun fixing and rearing with broken machines iits funny to say id be more equpt to do this job at home .. ya fix this to fix that ... a days pay a days pay no?KIMG0002.jpg KIMG0005.jpg KIMG0006.jpg KIMG0007.jpg KIMG0008.jpg KIMG0001.jpg

Hey guys too tired last night , to post pics of finished job ..but goter done. Complete R&R of Bering , shaft and pump housing assembly . The smitten dirty old lead monster is up an running.
sent a text to the boss last night on my way home....
Couple of brownie points before I go , guess Its nice to finish well .
Ps shh... he don't know im leaving yet

KIMG0016.jpg KIMG0019.jpg KIMG0021.jpg KIMG0022.jpg KIMG0025.jpg

Some parts I welded up for another machine shop, they built the fixture and parts. ALOT OF stick out to tack the backside.
So, chevydyl, beginner tig welder here. with that much "stick out" do you increase gas flow to make sure it reaches the weld? If yes, how much? thanks JR49

Hey guys too tired last night , to post pics of finished job ..but goter done. Complete R&R of Bering , shaft and pump housing assembly . The smitten dirty old lead monster is up an running.
D'ya think they'll grease it now ... or just let it go and wait for your replacement to try to fix it? Very pretty results, by the way!

Back