14 1/2" southbend

I used the face plate for the first time today ....actually the second time ...first time I turned down the face and put some circles on to help with set-up.
The previous owner mounted what I think is a Hudson (car) flywheel,damper or some such thing onto the smaller faceplate, It's actually is quite nice has a series of tapped holes and dog slots....pretty nice now that it has been turned. I liked using it and will leave it as is. I made a brass faced hammer, the handle is pressed into the head, the face is threaded on as is the wood handle ...it worked nicely for centering piece on the faceplate ....well balanced feels good

hammer 002.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice looking hammer, guess I gotta put one of those on the bucket list too. How cool is that, making your own tools, guess that's the payoff.

Thanks Greg, I've got a half a drawer full now....I am going to put them up on the shop made tools.....I'll add it to the first ones I made with and for my Atlas 6" ....that way there will be some kind of continuity to it .....that was an old thread probably when I first joined ....

Back