12x36 lathe is back ordered now?

Alright, where's the machine pics??

My boat got picked up off the coast of California! Getting there!

Like I said before, this (the waiting) is the hard part. And it doesn't help when someone tells you to "be patient". ;)

You're at least close, mine still hasn't hit Panama. :)

The PM-1236 lathes are here, they arent inventoried and entered yet and a lot of people are off because of the holidays. It wont be too long. I know its tough waiting but they are working on it! (well the few people who aren't off for the holidays this week here anyway, back to full swing next week)

Trying to move my lathe in and discovered that the adjustable pads didn't come with the studs.
Did anyone here buy the yellow pads from PM and did they come with them?

Another user here mentioned something similar on a mill if I remember correctly. Let them know and they will fix it.

On another note, my ship is in NY harbor... :)

Oops!
I didn't want to wait so I just made my own. Then, while moving the lathe from my truck I found the studs in a neat little package hidden in the clutter.
Got the lathe in the shop late last night. Now it's time to get it up on the stand. I have a one ton HF hoist and was using it with the boom scoped all the way out so it would reach far enough over the truck.
With it like that it's only rated at a quarter ton but it's working. (barely) Maybe I'll shorten the boom this morning and try it that way.
I'm concerned about getting it high enough and the front legs hitting the wall. Guess I'll find out.
see ya

Glad to hear that they did include the parts though! That's how I find things too, get replacement parts. :)

Be safe lifting it. I'm more concerned about that than using the thing.

Back