12x36 lathe is back ordered now?

Xin Da Yang Zhou just left Panama.
It's itinerary says it's headed for Panama City, Florida.
hmmm.
I just finished wiring my shop for the lathe and a 220v welder.
I'm ready to play...
:)

Just got my lathe up on the base today. Finally stopped snowing here so today was my window to move it from the front garage to my back shop.
Hope to get it cleaned up & powered tomorrow

Wish mine was on the same boat. Sounds like the 1127s are being towed by a guy in a life raft. :)

The tracking doesn't really tell u alot unless you spend money with them...
Right now it looks like it left Panama yesterday and it's heading straight for the east end of Cuba!
hmmmm. The itinerary said it was going to Panama City Fla. Funny way to get there?
Maybe it'll round Cuba and head straight for New Jersey?
crossing fingers...

The tracking doesn't really tell u alot unless you spend money with them...
Right now it looks like it left Panama yesterday and it's heading straight for the east end of Cuba!
hmmmm. The itinerary said it was going to Panama City Fla. Funny way to get there?
Maybe it'll round Cuba and head straight for New Jersey?
crossing fingers...
OK,
Our lathes are in New Jersey USA!
Got the space in the shop cleared out, wiring put in, funding in place, now all I need is to see that truck pull up...
:)

Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing yours all set up. Mine is still a couple weeks out, I had to ask Matt about it when I saw your ship was docked in NY. He did offer to get me the ship name next week though, so that should add a level of anticipation.

Paddle harder life-raft dude!! :)

Glad your new lathes are in sight. It took 6 months to get mine after ordering. It was almost a blessing to wait because it gave me time to reorganize the shop and make some provisions for the lathe such as an overhead hoist, electrical circuits, etc. It felt good to feel completely ready for the machine.

Merry Christmas to ME!,
hehe,
I upgraded my lathe to include the installed DRO. Added in the master cutting/boring kit and threading kit, precision chuck for the tail stock.
Interestingly, PM doesn't have parting blades?
Sooooo,
I think the included BXA qctp kit has a parting blade holder that holds 11/16" blades. I looked on the net a little (including Shars) and it looks like 11/16" tall blades are not a popular size. Did I get that wrong?
Do the parting blades need to be a particular height?
AND, am I better off with a blade with replaceable inserts or simply a HSS blade? I don't see myself working on any hard metals. Mostly alum/bronze/brass/mild steel...
hmmm, maybe I should get both? But really, what size?

Merry Christmas to ME!,
hehe,
I upgraded my lathe to include the installed DRO. Added in the master cutting/boring kit and threading kit, precision chuck for the tail stock.
Interestingly, PM doesn't have parting blades?
Sooooo,
I think the included BXA qctp kit has a parting blade holder that holds 11/16" blades. I looked on the net a little (including Shars) and it looks like 11/16" tall blades are not a popular size. Did I get that wrong?
Do the parting blades need to be a particular height?
AND, am I better off with a blade with replaceable inserts or simply a HSS blade? I don't see myself working on any hard metals. Mostly alum/bronze/brass/mild steel...
hmmm, maybe I should get both? But really, what size?

11/16" is what you want to use with the BXA wedge type parting blade holder. I have the PM BXA tool holders, I use the Shars M42 parting blade. I have no complaints with it and its fairly cheap. I use the 3/32" width, its holding up okay. Just keep it sharp, I use a diamond stone and maintain the original tip profile by hand. I added another tool holder for a cheap carbide insert grooving tool, industrial supply on eBay sells holders that look exactly the same as the ones that came with my PM1236.

I'm using a parting blade like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHARS-P3N-...425730?hash=item519aadb2c2:g:OgIAAOSwpdpVXeIJ

Back