12x36 lathe is back ordered now?

scattermaster

Registered
Registered
Dang it!
The website says the 12x36 lathes will ship mid December this year. Does that mean, they leave China mid December or they will be available mid December?
i"m almost ready to pull the plug and order but I'd like to know how long to expect to have to wait...
thx,
Jim

I don't know the answer, but I feel your pain. Waiting on an 1127 myself. I think the idea is that they expect to receive them in December, based on previous emails regarding other models.

Call and ask Matt. Get the info from the source.

I feel like I've pestered him enough. :) I knew it would be some time before shipping when I ordered. If I don't get a shipping notice in a couple weeks I might ask after it again. For the OP though, it might be a more reasonable thing to do.

The date Matt will give you is a guesstimate based on how long he thinks it will take to clear customs. Once he gets the container they need to unpack it and then they open up all the machines to inspect and add accessories. Then they can ship. If he gets the container mid December he may not get everything shipped until after the first of the year.

I think companies try to keep a low inventory at the end of the year , to avoid paying taxs on inventory

Why do businesses pay taxes on unsold inventory?

If the website says it will ship in December, that means it is estimated to be put on a boat then. IF it ships on time, then you still need to take into account travel time, customs, etc..

Most of us who have bought a PM machine (or three) have gone through this. Irritating, but that disappears quickly once it arrives in your driveway. :D

Reactions: Z2V
The worst part of the whole getting a new machine thing. Ordering, waiting, and the initial setup and run. After that, it's just having fun machining and learning the new machine.

Back