12" machinist level

Mikey's laughing, but he's the one that said"When I look in the mirror, I have the eyes of a gold fish" I learned Chinese from Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory. :grin:
My manual is the translated one.

Dear lord...been doing this for hours..just the calibration part! I'm using an Accusize 8". I will say, I have a few things of theirs and I like them...this, I HATE. Does anyone know if there some sort of adjust under the skirt of this thing? In the small chance I have ran out of adjustment in one direction? I'm replacing this POS, but I refuse to believe ins not calibrate-able.

I haven't even started at work today. Mine has a screw on top, that I deemed as just the top of the adjuster shaft. It didn't move anything I could tell. Mine does have access on the side, and an adjustment head with holes for a spanner. That adjustment works too well.

That red screw on top does adjust, but it must be 50 threads per MM!..J/k, but it's super fine adjustment. That's sort of why I ask if there is a more course adjustment elsewhere. I'd prefer to have some adjustment left in this direction...I am at the edge! That looks alot like mine, but longer. Must be a clone many companies use? What brand/label does yours sport?

Master Precision Level, I probably screwed with the red screw when the bubble was buried. If yours can't adjust more, you may have to screw it back, find the gross adjustment wheel to compensate, then fine adjust again. If you find access.

Mine differs from your in that way. If I take off the 2 side covers off the longest sides, there is a screw on right side and left side. Not sure how screws on the longest sides could change side to side adjustment, may need to fully disassemble to figure it out. I guess this level is like a beater you give a teenager to drive...learning the ropes, you're gonna get some dings. I wouldn't disassemble a Mitutoyo!

Nothing like giving them a try

I leveled my pool table before I put the felt on with just rolling the pool balls around. I don't remember the time I spent leveling but it was a lot.
Well the place i worked at the time had one that I borrowed, it was a long weekend and a lot of beer! And for what it's worth, looking back I'm not sure I remember some of the time spent leveling mine either, but that was years ago. Lol

Back