1/4 of the way to a mill

Two weeks ago, I saw a craigslist ad (Seattle listing) from a guy in the north end of Victoria that was clearing out his entire shop. He had multiple lathes and at least one mill... Well, I can't find it now, maybe it was taken down... but I'm certain it wasn't a hallucination from drinking too much Kentucky-aged turpentine. Did you stumble across this guy's living estate sale in your search?

Two weeks ago, I saw a craigslist ad (Seattle listing) from a guy in the north end of Victoria that was clearing out his entire shop. He had multiple lathes and at least one mill... Well, I can't find it now, maybe it was taken down... but I'm certain it wasn't a hallucination from drinking too much Kentucky-aged turpentine. Did you stumble across this guy's living estate sale in your search?
Yeah I think I posted that. Does the figure of $35K ring a bell?

I think he had things priced individually, because I went through the thought exercise of trailering a piece of production equipment on the ferries and across the border before I decided I'd rather not bother. Anyway, money talks, and when you drop a sack full of loonies on the table people tend to soften up on those hard lines. Then again, the only thing you can be sure of in life is that people are going to be weird.

The seller of the RF-40 basically wasn’t willing to move on price however he alerted me to a RF-30 for sale, just listed yesterday.
9b9abbebb9c12a84317566a1627d46ee.jpg

Spoke to the seller. He’s looking for a drill press instead. He’s never used it as a mill.
So I may be able to work a partial trade for my Kira bench drill press. (@francist we have the same drill press!)

Not a lot of tooling other than the vise but far less money than $2800 for the RF-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah know! I didn’t think there were that many around so was surprised to hear of yours. I got mine from my old boss when he passed away — it’s a good machine, I like it.

BTW, was wondering if you had sniffed out that $1300 or not, I saw it come up on Thursday I think.

-f

What is that pimple in the middle of the round column? There isn't supposed to be anything there.

I believe it’s a magnet.

Confirmed @mikey it’s a magnet.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For $1300 I would keeping looking. He who rushes pays top dollar. This isn't something that you had to have yesterday.

For $1300 I would keeping looking. He who rushes pays top dollar. This isn't something that you had to have yesterday.

Dave, I agree with Mickri. That mill is quite old and he is asking a lot for it.

Back