What Did You Buy Today?

If you mill it flat and then cut it a few thou deeper anywhere you can't hot with the wheel you can have the best of both worlds ;-)
Just dont go nuts on the hold down bolts!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've been on the hunt for one of these Huot Master Drill Dispenser (No. 13175); it holds at least a dozen drills each of fractional, wire, and letter size in a pretty compact form factor, and also has an extra storage drawer at the bottom.

Virtually nothing in my shop is new, so I've been on the lookout for a decent deal on a used one in decent condition. I'd almost given up hope on and bit the bullet to buy a new one for around $500-$600.

But just in time, I found one about a 5-hr drive away and just couldn't pass it up. Paid about the same price as a new one would cost, but it came CHOCK FULL of drill bits. The cabinet is in EXCELLENT condition, with just a few scratches on the top. Seems the prior owner filled it up and let it sit over in the corner.

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

Major suckage! Congratulations on your score.

Real nice grab. I kinda want a huot box just so i can store my endmills bc of the amount i have. I keep trying to think of a better way to store them.

Real nice grab. I kinda want a huot box just so i can store my endmills bc of the amount i have. I keep trying to think of a better way to store them.
Yeah JRaut done good. I've also lusted over the big boxes seen in the background of Kieth R & Abom videos!

Today i stop by the flea/ tool market to buy me some tools. First couple of rows had nothing but cheap china tools, but then i found those, 90 degrees grab wrenches, 7$ for both, one for each garage. Then i came across this assortment of depinning tools bought them for 2,5$. Then i did lots more walking and found me couple of wrenches, i paid 5,5$ for all 3 of them. Then i found and bought me a set allen, torque and triple square set for 15$, my old set has many broken bits so it's cheaper just to get a complete set. Last thing i found was two MT5 heavy duty live centres for my lathe, both have worn tips, one is chipped but bearings feel perfect and the taper is in good shape, i paid 16$ for both and i plan to take them apart and repair the noses.
IMG_20210905_101601.jpgIMG_20210905_101647.jpgIMG_20210905_101721.jpgIMG_20210905_101751.jpgIMG_20210905_101858.jpgIMG_20210905_102002.jpgIMG_20210905_102006.jpg

I was not aware that there was such a thing as a lathe file... Well, found that out and ordered one... arrived today with a few other things.

Bahco 1-104-10-3-0 Smooth Cut Lathe File, 10-Inch

Needed an all around ruler in 6" and 12"... the ones I had disappeared in my son's room... and also got a digital angle gauge...

View attachment 377626
Lathe files are actually a lot safer to use on a lathe than an ordinary file, because there's a lot less chance (if any actually) of the file being pushed back at you.

Back