What Did You Buy Today?

One of the issues I have had with Amazon is counterfeit product, I bought a Mitutoyo Depth Mic which seemed like a to good to be true deal and it was, so I pestered Amazon and got a refund... I have become jaded by some of it and very careful to look at the ratings and comments.
Interestingly enough, the Wall Street Journal had an article yesterday that the Federal Trade Commission is reviewing whether Amazon should be reclassified as a distributor. This would make them legally responsible for product safety compliance of any product they sell, regardless of whether it comes from a 3rd party vendor. Currently they claim they are like Ebay and are just an advertising/marketing service, and therefore exempt from liability.

Given that Amazon makes it hard to review vendors, and doesn't allow you to set a persistent filter for Amazon-only items, I feel that they should be classified as a distributor. But that is my opinion.

Interestingly enough, the Wall Street Journal had an article yesterday that the Federal Trade Commission is reviewing whether Amazon should be reclassified as a distributor. This would make them legally responsible for product safety compliance of any product they sell, regardless of whether it comes from a 3rd party vendor. Currently they claim they are like Ebay and are just an advertising/marketing service, and therefore exempt from liability.

Given that Amazon makes it hard to review vendors, and doesn't allow you to set a persistent filter for Amazon-only items, I feel that they should be classified as a distributor. But that is my opinion.
In my opinion.... there are a number of cyber giants that tend to play fast and loose with Identification and wording to avoid federal over-site and ethical business practices.

Read the fine print! Often written by lawyers!

Pawn shop was running 30 and 50 % off on tools this week. Their prices are usually good anyway. Bought this Kobalt inspection scope(primarily to check the bottom stitches on my wife's quilting machine without crawling under there). It has an SD card and will save images. Had lots of accidental pics of the previous owner and his buds saved on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 12
Amazon do that as a company because they have Zero scruples and have a "our way or the highway" attitude. That has been proven multiple times over.

I refuse to buy anything from their platform or any of the services they offer or have anything to do with them. Ever.

Well I’m no help to the cause then. I buy through Amazon almost daily. Same day arrival sometimes. Obscure items. A click or 2 and done. Spur of the moment need while I sitting at a red light , a click or 2 and I’m done before the light turns green.

Well I’m no help to the cause then. I buy through Amazon almost daily. Same day arrival sometimes. Obscure items. A click or 2 and done. Spur of the moment need while I sitting at a red light , a click or 2 and I’m done before the light turns green.

Even handling your phone whilst in control of a vehicle in the UK, whether using it or not, is a fine and points on your license... see here >> UK Gov info

The above includes all vehicle types as well as motorcycles, but not bicycles, oddly enough.

Distracted driving/being distracted whilst in control of a vehicle is a serious issue and one known to have deadly results. It is neither smart, nor sensible to take your concentration from the road, stopped at lights or otherwise.

Back