What Did You Buy Today?

Don't you mean a cold water heater? If it's already hot, why heat it? :rolleyes:
OK. Now you've done it.

The heat pump here pre-heats the domestic water, that feeds the _____ water heater. Is it a hot water heater, or cold water heater if it's staring with already hot water? Where do we transition from Cold to Hot water? Do the initial conditions matter? 45 degree well water vs 70 degree well water? SO...MANY...QUESTIONS...

This conundrum of epic proportions may ruin my day!

OK. Now you've done it.

The heat pump here pre-heats the domestic water, that feeds the _____ water heater. Is it a hot water heater, or cold water heater if it's staring with already hot water? Where do we transition from Cold to Hot water? Do the initial conditions matter? 45 degree well water vs 70 degree well water? SO...MANY...QUESTIONS...

The Mechanical Engineers where I managed design projects referred to them as "Water Heaters," which would apply to cold/warm/or not hot enough incoming water.

At least Dave thought it was funny – I was afraid he'd start blocking me.

OK. Now you've done it.

And since you didn’t specify what temperature scale, lets use Kelvin to make that question really esoteric. :D

And since you didn’t specify what temperature scale, lets use Kelvin to make that question really esoteric. :D
Why not Rankine scale? Isn't BTU/Lbs the standard to measure heating of water, we should at least stick with English units...

What temperature is hot water? What temperature is cold water?
Let the discussion begin!

Apparently I never shared this eBay score. But posts on an old thread of mine brought it back to front of mind.
I had grand plans to build one of these but projects 1 through 41 seem to always be in the way.
The need subsided when I found this on eBay for $80.
567c6a89675a8bc376767ab59977a172.jpg

Apparently I never shared this eBay score. But posts on an old thread of mine brought it back to front of mind.
I had grand plans to build one of these but projects 1 through 41 seem to always be in the way.
The need subsided when I found this on eBay for $80.
567c6a89675a8bc376767ab59977a172.jpg
:you suck:

Good. The universe is back in balance. Carry on.

Our share of the soybean crop in the small field next to the shop came in recently, so I used the windfall to buy a BS-1 dividing head and a 5c collet set by 1/32". Both from Shars, so I expect to dismantle and clean the dividing head. Interestingly the dividing head was considerably cheaper via Amazon with Shars as the 3rd party reseller.
IMG_5324.JPG

Back