Unusual Tool...

Well I'll be dammed...I never knew of such a tool but I knew you fella's could fill me in. I super appreciate the intel. I think I'm gonna make the foot that is missing just because I like a project. This one has a center drill, it would be nice to have a countersink...might be a bit more useful here.

As for "sucking" on my good fortune...LOL...I won't take it personal Woodchucker!! LOL can we still be friends (I'm totally joking around here!!)

The back story on the equipment is...A great friend since we were 15yrs old (we're now 70) had a shop passed down to him from his dad and uncle. They were grinding crankshafts in So. Cal since WWII. They died along the way and my friend got the shop. Times got tough in the 1980's and they lost it. Much of the equipment was sold off in bankruptcy but my friend hung onto several machines and tried to make a go running a small machine shop...it CAN be a tough way to make a living.

He gave up and took other jobs but the shop sat in a building for years, hardly used. Fast forward two years ago. He needed to sell the building and he told me if I wanted the machines, come get'm. I have a big building on my property and plenty of space, he just asked that he be allowed to use the place and have access to the shop...DUH...that's was a no brainer.

Anyway, everything was pretty dirty and really needed TLC. It's taken me all this time to get it really looking sharp, but I'm still going through all the tooling and material I hauled home. I just finished rebuilding the full top end on the BP Ser.1 (1970 vintage) and added a DRO making it a really nice machine. The SBL really need attention as well (about 1968 there abouts).

I've posted these pictures before on here but I'll do it again. I am blessed with good fortune...sometimes...I'll take when I can get it!! LOL

View attachment 494446

View attachment 494447

View attachment 494448

View attachment 494449
This is a big store, with enough height, beautiful epoxy floor, the visual area should be about 180-250 square meters, which is a lot of people's dream.
Whether you can take a more comprehensive picture, just raise the camera to a higher position.

Back