Unusual Tool...

That lathe looks bigger than an 8" ! Sure that's not a 10L ? The BP looks great also . :encourage: As far as c sinks go for that tool , I'll look for a couple . I'll never miss them .

That lathe looks bigger than an 8" ! Sure that's not a 10L ? The BP looks great also . :encourage: As far as c sinks go for that tool , I'll look for a couple . I'll never miss them .
I think it's a 16" lathe, looks way bigger than a 10L
ok maybe not 16 maybe 13 or 14

Sorry guys... maybe a typo on my part.
It's a 14½x8' SBL

I have a few of those countersinks left over from my dad. He was a home builder.

There are probably a dozen or more different versions of the foot you recreated. Some are even cushioned so as not to mar the surface.

In my previous post I mentioned I have a number of different size countersink cages. I haven't used them in a while, so I put the most used ones in a "special place". As per usual I'm still searching to find the special place. I did manage to locate several of the smaller ones, a couple of the 1" ones, and of course the spare parts for the 5/8" ones that are still missing.

I like this style countersink so much I just purchased 2 more. The new ones are from ATI and Omega Technologies. I've never used either brand before, hopefully they're as good as Magnavon. I also purchased 2 dozen #7 drills that fit the cages. When purchased in bulk the drills were only $.83 each.

my previous post I mentioned I have a number of different size countersink cages. I haven't used them in a while, so I put the most used ones in a "special place". As per usual I'm still searching to find the special place.
you too? I have many of those special places... They are good and safe... so safe, I can't find them.

I picked one up at the late lamented Boeing Surplus, and it's NICE. The aircraft bits may be 100 degree bevel, though,
not 82 degrees (US) or 90 degrees (metric). I don't know how to get replacements for the thread-in cutters.

Reading this thread piqued my interest as to whether or not I could find any of the countersink cages including those I put in the "special place" after the last use. I did find some of them, but not the ones I was looking for.

Once I finish moving out the old saw and moving in the new one, I'll have to do a major cleanup and reorganization. I'll probably find things I haven't seen in years, and undoubtedly find multiples of things I bought to replace things that I thought were long lost. If I get lucky, I might even find my long-lost stud finder.

I bought it a few years ago to install grab bars in the shower. When the job was done, I put it on the shelf in the shop. I went to get it last week and like so many other things it's probably hiding in plain sight.

Here are the cages I found. The 2 on the left go up to 1". The ones in the center go up to 5/8" and those on the right go to 7/16". The drills in the foreground are #7 tap drills for 1/4-20 holes. The countersinks on the table are 3/8" and 7/16". There are a couple 3/4" ones in the far-left cages.

Attachments

• IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 8
Back