Today's Jokes - 2024

Please note - I accidentally reversed the order of the three pages from the book, ("Help - I am Being Held Prisoner", by Donald E. Westlake.) Check the page numbers on the bottom of the scans.
Westlake3.jpgWestlake1.jpgWestlake2.jpgSS1d - AAS12-28-78.jpgSS1b - AAS-12-28-78.jpg
SS1d - AAS12-28-78.jpg
SS1b - AAS-12-28-78.jpg
Westlake1.jpg
Westlake2.jpg
Westlake3.jpg

Last edited:
Remember boys and girls, no matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery
Wouldn't it be stationary stationery?
The flat of a brisket is pointless.
I was reading a book about smoking various foods. The author had a picture of a full brisket, and while the flat was the middle section or whole brisket, one end was called the point.

Wouldn't it be stationary stationery?

I was reading a book about smoking various foods. The author had a picture of a full brisket, and while the flat was the middle section or whole brisket, one end was called the point.
Yes the "Flat" is the thinner leaner section and the "Point" is the thicker fattier section. When smoking a brisket the flat has a tendency to dry out while the point remains much juicier. The joke came to be yesterday, when my wife was ordering brisket form a local barbecue joint and was asked if she wanted flat, point or a mix or both, She responded "All point please, what's the point of getting that dried out flat"... We all laughed!

In Fairness to the flat. There are ways to successfully smoke it so it doesn't dry out as much and can be quite good. However, when I smoke a brisket I usually just cut the flat off and only smoke the point, I make Corned Beef out of the flat.

Back