Schooling the SWMBO???

HSS, THE GUYS OUGHTTA FOLLOW YOUR LEAD. you've had it figured out from the start. im about in the same boat as you except im retired and wife iis still working in her home office every day. makes me the house dude. she pays the bills and i spend the money. good deal ? wouldn';'t trade it for anything. . . .

My wife does not have permission to come into the shop. She has no tools of her own. All this SWMBO is nonsense. You guys do what you have to do, but I have the respect from my wife that makes my work separate from home life. She plays no part in the decision making in the business. When I lock the shop door (she doesn't have a key), work is over, and family life begins. But then, it's not a hobby. It's a function of life that has its place. I know she doesn't like it when there are special projects, or weekend work, but it's necessary, and it's never for free. It's accepted as part of the way things are.

Well Tony, I have a day job thats not in my home shop and I would have one hell of a time trying to keep my wife out of the home shop. I wouldn't want to anyway. But, your shop is your shop and I can understand you viewpoint.

Pat

Well Tony, I have a day job thats not in my home shop and I would have one hell of a time trying to keep my wife out of the home shop. I wouldn't want to anyway. But, your shop is your shop and I can understand you viewpoint.

Pat

HSS & Tony,

You both have valid points. I met my wife at work and we had an agreement that we left that part of our live at the door. We even drove to work in different cars most of the time. Home and our hobbies are a different story.

I bought the wife a weed eater for our aniversary one year and caught flak about it from others until I told them that she had told me what to buy down to the brand and model. She loves to mow the yard and would do it with whatever we have but wanted a zero-turn. About 3 years ago I bought her a 24hp 52 inch one and she would be happy to mow 3 or 4 times a week if needed. Right now it is so dry here that she is depressed that the grass does not need mowing every week. She has her own tools and I have mine but she asks and is allowed to borrow any from the shop. She has gone with me to look at and buy machines and tools. We make an event out of the trips. This has worked for 30 plus years.

She is a keeper.

Benny

I'm with the "give her a set of basic tools" group. Hammer, multibit ratcheting screwdriver, pliers, and crescent wrench. Even these seem to get left around the house....drives me crazy.

I'm with the "give her a set of basic tools" group. Hammer, multibit ratcheting screwdriver, pliers, and crescent wrench. Even these seem to get left around the house....drives me crazy.
Ya Know I use to think like that , but I once gave SWMBO an inch and she tried to take 12, and got that silly idea she was a ruler. and once she got the idea she was a ruler, she tried to convert us to Micky Meters. Had to nip that in the bud before I had to buy all new "Special" Metric tools

Back