Quick ? On Dividing head

70ish is with the 8" 3 jaw chuck installed.
That’s lighter than I expected it would be. Still more than I would want to move very often, but with a hoist the weight becomes a moot point.

That’s lighter than I expected it would be. Still more than I would want to move very often, but with a hoist the weight becomes a moot point.
I do not enjoy moving it but I like using it. I have shown this before but here she is again. That is setting on my PM940 table so 9.5" wide in Y and 40" in X for scale.
Dividing Head A.jpg

I do not enjoy moving it but I like using it. I have shown this before but here she is again. That is setting on my PM940 table so 9.5" wide in Y and 40" in X for scale.
View attachment 505243
That's too big for my mill, but I am considering upgrading to a Bridgeport size mill a some point, the universal style looks like it can come in handy. Have you used that feature yet? I am also thinking of getting a CNC bed mill instead so I can do more complicated shapes, but that might need to wait a while.

That's too big for my mill, but I am considering upgrading to a Bridgeport size mill a some point, the universal style looks like it can come in handy. Have you used that feature yet? I am also thinking of getting a CNC bed mill instead so I can do more complicated shapes, but that might need to wait a while.
I have to modify my x axis drive, relocate it to the right side of the table, that is a scheduled modification but I have a few parts to collect first.

Which is why I said I had been holding out for one. But, yesterday right before this thread posted actually, I decided to order a BS-0 from KAKA Industrial. It was only 252 dollars with taxes and shipping. I'll just learn and practice with that, then when I am ready for spiral fluting, I will order the full universal.

Well after seeing a BS-2 on a mill, I ordered a BS-0. I have one of those pump up carts from HF it can get the it close. How ever the BS-1 is to heavy for me, to move around. The smaller one will work for the pulleys.

Well after seeing a BS-2 on a mill, I ordered a BS-0. I have one of those pump up carts from HF it can get the it close. How ever the BS-1 is to heavy for me, to move around. The smaller one will work for the pulleys.
Just outa curiosity do you not have a lathe?

Back