Night Shift.

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
It can rain all night and by morning these little guys have already moved all the wet dirt out of their house. This is just a small sample of what it looks like around my place after a rain. Each grain of dirt you are looking at is one load (one trip) for one of the workers.

Attachments

• IMG_3274.JPG
    IMG_3274.JPG
    730 KB · Views: 86
I once read that the total mass of the ants on the planet is greater than the total mass of the humans.

A weird idea, but perhaps understandable...... and a little humbling.

Brian

It can rain all night and by morning these little guys have already moved all the wet dirt out of their house. This is just a small sample of what it looks like around my place after a rain. Each grain of dirt you are looking at is one load (one trip) for one of the workers.

As much as I don't like 'em... You've got to admire the teamwork, cooperation, and general dedication to their community. None of 'em complain, when there's a job to do, they're ALL on it. Those little buggers and their (vial, incessant) teamwork can get stuff done, and fast.

I could be laying on my back changing the oil and a nest of these lil' bastards be all the way across the yard and they would mount a recon patrol to come bite me....

I once read that the total mass of the ants on the planet is greater than the total mass of the humans.

Brian
Dang ! I sure hope they're not thinking of getting even.

Ted

I could be laying on my back changing the oil and a nest of these lil' bastards be all the way across the yard and they would mount a recon patrol to come bite me....
I was gona work on my pickup one day so I pulled it up on the concrete. Layed down under the side of it and all of a sudden my armpit was on fire. I was wearing a tank top and my armpit was on top of their nest. These little bastards are on the same **** list as mud daubers.

Back