Need some parts for a new to me old drill press

You can buy a brand new table from Grizzly for$150 I think I will just make a table.

I need the shaft and 2 gears to raise the table. Bought the rack off ebay

Anyone know what size the gears are?

I have the worm gear

Attachments

• delta pinion gears.png
    delta pinion gears.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 0
  • delta pinion gears2.png
    delta pinion gears2.png
    531 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
is the DP600 an all bearing machine? Problem with drill presses that old (and machinery in general) is that they usually have bronze bushings in some places, making maintenance much more complicated (sealed bearings are just a superior technology). That alone would make me to think twice before getting one (I learned my lesson after getting a full size, worn out, plain bearing, flat belt lathe).

If you insist in getting this particular machine up and running, I'd suggest you to consider what a machine with similar capabilities would cost today. I don't remember how much I paid for my Jet 20" drill press but I think it was around $1,200. And I don't think it is as rigid as a DP600 (I could be wrong).

What I'm trying to say is: don't cheap out on your project. It's like with cars: it doesn't matter how much it costs second hand, to repair will always cost as new. However, unlike an old car, a refurbished drill press will probably give you full service because such machines haven't really changed in a long time. Or more accurately, they've changed... for worse.

Yea it’s an all bearing machine I think I found a table for it

I have a rigid floor model drill press now, I hate it.

I like old tools, after watching a guy restore a DP600 I decided to get one I plan on replacing all the bearings

I just got done with a surface grinder so the drill press should be easier

yuk, these are so junky.
I agree, but if you're going for cheap and easy... I've had my cheap china drill press for 12 yrs or so, not got any table upgrade yet. Don't tend to use it much either.
Nice drill press you have!
See you are on the nature coast - ever visit the scrap yard in Inverness?

I agree, but if you're going for cheap and easy... I've had my cheap china drill press for 12 yrs or so, not got any table upgrade yet. Don't tend to use it much either.
Nice drill press you have!
See you are on the nature coast - ever visit the scrap yard in Inverness?
yes, I've been to Mauros a number of times. acres of metal as you walk thru the jungle. it's pretty cool. looking at that huge rusty old lathe they have sitting outside is kinda sad but it's pretty cool. here's a pile of mystery metal I got from there at 1.00 a pound.

PXL_20240518_153901551.MP.jpg

Thanks guys, the dent is actually a paint smear
I thought that table was just some redneck “improvement”. I may just make a table and sell the other one. I have a surface grinder now so I could get the table pretty smooth.
looks like an Albrecht keyless chuck that was spray painted white? and the overspray got on the column.

Well guys I have had a stroke of luck another person was selling this. After some googling I found out that the original machine this is made from is a DP600

So now I have all the parts I need for only $100
Plus $50 for the first drill press.

Does anyone want the tapping unit? Without the handle?

Attachments

• IMG_5371.jpeg
    IMG_5371.jpeg
    492.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5370.jpeg
    IMG_5370.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 16
it's hard to tell from the pics what you have there. DP600 is not a machine or model number, it is just a casting number for the main body casting.

Back