Mini Split install

In Texas we have 3 seasons, hot, blowtorch and OMG. In Houston OMG happens in August and cooler weather doesn't arrive till October.
Well my suggestion is do not buy a mr cool mini split. When it works it's great, but when you have problems thats where the fun begins.

Well my suggestion is do not buy a mr cool mini split. When it works it's great, but when you have problems thats where the fun begins.
I forget the brand I installed in the garage but I bought it from Home Cheepo and had to use my vacuum pump to install it. It works well but the installation took a day.

Mine took about a day when I did the first install about 5 years ago. The line covers were the most time consuming part to make them look good. I used a level to keep them straight with each other.

This time (3rd install after a new dead compressor) took about 1/2 day. I bought new larger line covers. I tried using the old line covers but the new style copper covered line wouldn't fit in the 3" wide covers. The old lines were flexible braided lines and they were easily to install without linking the lines. The new style copper lines need a larger bend radius to keep from kinking the lines, so I went with 4" covers.

Since the mounting pad was already done previously, and the new line covers were there from the bad compressor install a couple of weeks ago it went easier this time.

I see I can get a 36k pioneer single zone for $2k from Amazon. I'm seriously considering it.

In Texas we have 3 seasons, hot, blowtorch and OMG. In Houston OMG happens in August and cooler weather doesn't arrive till October.
We are on our way to some of that. Humidity is a killer here, dew point is 78. That's plain ridiculous.
When we leave the house through the garage it feels like a blowtorch, but coming back from the sun and humidity, the garage feels like it's air conditioned.

Just so nice and balmy, like being on the sun, or venus and surrounding yourself with a steam sauna.

Back