It was a dream until it became a nightmare

dabear3428

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I won a low hour mid 80s Bridgeport eztrak sx, it was in great shape until the strap cut thru and dropped it onto the parking lot, the Y ball screw and Y handle are toast and i think the nut bracket is broken.
I'm assuming that i can braze the nut bracket back together, buy a new Y ball screw assembly, are there other items i need to confirm while i have it down for repair?
those are the major issues, i have to replace the Y axis drive motor housing also.

any advice on this repair?

Last edited:
I'll check . I have some parts left over when I installed power feeds on many mills .

Bummer, hope you can find the parts.
thanks the good news is that it is a bridge port and i think it is like a jeep in that you can get a catalog and build one out of parts available in the catalog. the bad news is that it is an EZTrak and those are a little more rare/expensive.

I'll check . I have some parts left over when I installed power feeds on many mills .
BTW, I would be perfectly happy to buy any parts you have laying around and this goes for anyone else that has serviceable leftovers laying around. this is a long term project so no rush.

turns out that my knee lift shaft is tweaked also, not bad enough to stop it from working but i will want to fix it while i have the saddle off.

I'm moving things today and will check what I have for a BP handle and parts . Moving some of the daughter's things out of the basement and other house .

Back