If you like it

For the magnets, I found the 12 inch bar magnets from Harbor Freight to mount on the wall and hang tools work great for this, but I have some orange upholstery vinyl I’m trying.
The reason I like the hook style magnets is because one has my most often used parallels one has my Tee slot cleaning tool and the other one has a shorty flexible rachet with a socket to fit my draw bar. I also have a draw bar hammer with a socket on it but the little rachet really helps speed things up when changing collets. I have a total of 30 of these little magnetic hooks at various places in the shop. They work great for hanging chip brushes Chuck keys etc.

I may have to rethink the 12 inch magnets. All the chips are on them and won’t turn loose. Maybe wrap them with the vinyl.

I may have to rethink the 12 inch magnets. All the chips are on them and won’t turn loose. Maybe wrap them with the vinyl.

I always wrap magnets in a ziploc bag, saves a lot of hassle. Either that or, for long magnets, an old plastic shopping bag, cut down and taped shut around the magnet.

Of course, if you have a crafty other half, you could always ask them to sew you a "sock" for the magnet...

The few times I have had a furry magnet, a good hoover with a pinched nozzle for higher suction usually helps remove the most of it, then I use a MUCH stronger magnet to pull off as much of the remainding metal swarf as possible.

I just had a thought, terry cloth. Every kind of swarf sticks to terry cloth, maybe the chips should not be too hot. Humm, I wonder if she'll miss a couple of the older towels:face slap:
You just need to pitch it to her that she needs to buy all new towels.

The magnets that I use for picking things up off the floor I have plastic bags on. Just lift the plastic away from the magnet over the trash can and loosen the swarf. If you don't want to use plastic a brass bristle brush works great to brush the swarf off the magnets and doesn't stick to the brush. It looked like Nobby used little clothes pin type clamps instead of magnets.

The magnets that I use for picking things up off the floor I have plastic bags on. Just lift the plastic away from the magnet over the trash can and loosen the swarf. If you don't want to use plastic a brass bristle brush works great to brush the swarf off the magnets and doesn't stick to the brush. It looked like Nobby used little clothes pin type clamps instead of magnets.
For picking chips up I have a hand held magnet with a lever that releases the chips, for the magnets I use to hold stuff on the machines I have those ti zip-lok bags.

Of course, if you have a crafty other half, you could always ask them to sew you a "sock" for the magnet...

Careful, be specific what you ask knitters to make you.

I asked the wife to knit me something to keep my rooster warm and got this.

:laughing:

Now that, my friend, is entertainingly funny!

For picking chips up I have a hand held magnet with a lever that releases the chips, for the magnets I use to hold stuff on the machines I have those ti zip-lok bags.
Show us your magnet with the release lever.

Back