If you like it

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Nobby made me do it. ! Yep Nobby from Nobby's Workshop calls it being Frugal because he re-purposed brown bags from the Grocery store. I call it brilliant. If you like it steal it.

Attachments

• IMG_3273.JPG
    IMG_3273.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3259.JPG
    IMG_3259.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3260.JPG
    IMG_3260.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3269.JPG
    IMG_3269.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3270.JPG
    IMG_3270.JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3272.JPG
    IMG_3272.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 53
Clever idea, though I don't think it's considered stealing if someone posted it on the internet...

Clever idea, though I don't think it's considered stealing if someone posted it on the internet...
Just kidding about the stealing. Nobby is a great gentleman, and I am sure he will be thrilled that I copied his idea. I went back to the video that he posted and had the brown bag in it. I pasted my link in the comment section of his video so he will see it. His videos are sort of long but I always enjoy watching him . He is such a likeable guy.

I might try this. It seems like the *real* benefit isn't so much the ease of cleanup, but that using paper would force you to replace it periodically, and *that* would force you to see, and deal with, anything that has gotten on the ways.

GsT

For the magnets, I found the 12 inch bar magnets from Harbor Freight to mount on the wall and hang tools work great for this, but I have some orange upholstery vinyl I’m trying.

I just had a thought, terry cloth. Every kind of swarf sticks to terry cloth, maybe the chips should not be too hot. Humm, I wonder if she'll miss a couple of the older towels:face slap:

If you could find the old belt type cotton roll public toilets used to dry your hands it would be about the right width.

When my accordion bellows failed, I simply bought some thin rubber sheeting from McMaster that was the width of the vertical column. I used the top bellows bracket to clamp it to the mill column. I rolled up the excess rubber at the bottom. It works surprisingly well.

I looked into playing with a window shade mechanism to actively roll up the excess, but couldn't quite get it to function well enough. The torsion spring grew in diameter with tension and bound in the roller core. It was fun playing with, but the gravity method of a rolled up rubber sheet works well enough not to mess with the spring idea again.

I just had a thought, terry cloth. Every kind of swarf sticks to terry cloth, maybe the chips should not be too hot. Humm, I wonder if she'll miss a couple of the older towels:face slap:
Brave man....

Back