Heavy chuck

BTW, the back to back welded unistrut is a better choice for hoisting (of you are working it hard), and also easier to connect to the roof. You do lose some height, though.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

BTW, the back to back welded unistrut is a better choice for hoisting (of you are working it hard), and also easier to connect to the roof. You do lose some height, though.

don't think I'll need that but a good idea. full clearance for the trolley wheels. would have to trust my crappy welds though :oops:

Oh, no, it's a commercial product!!!

Back-to-Back Stacked Strut Channel, Slotted Hole, Powder-Coated Steel, 1-5/8" High, Green

Oh, no, it's a commercial product!!!

Back-to-Back Stacked Strut Channel, Slotted Hole, Powder-Coated Steel, 1-5/8" High, Green

grainger has them. 128.00 and 168.00 shipping!

grainger has them. 128.00 and 168.00 shipping!

The best place to buy specialized or bulk strut channel stuff is an electrical supply house if you have any left near you that still sell to the public...

got this part done. the trolley should be here Tuesday. the A/C unit keeps my shop between 80 and 82 degrees this time of year, when it's mid 90's and humid as hell outside but it's funny how much warmer it is when you're on a ladder with your head at 12 feet.

PXL_20240630_160505986.MP.jpgPXL_20240630_160530619.MP.jpg

well. it was cool that the US mail came and delivered my trolley today (Sunday). it was uncool that Jake M was right and there is absolutely no room for fasteners inside the strut with the trolley installed. I used these Simpson strong Tie fasteners because they have a really high pull-out rating and because they have a very flat head. well not flat enough. the bearings hit the heads and there is no room up top or on the sides.

the only way this is going to work is with the 2 struts welded together back-to-back that weldingrod1 brought up or I'm going to have to weld some "L" brackets down the sides of the strut. I'm leaning toward welding the tabs as that would double the number of fasteners anyway. though I think the way I had it was plenty strong for what I'm doing. crap.

qqqqq.jpg

Back