Heavy chuck

A single track on center line of the lathe should be fine, should not be an issue with the Unistrut for the weight involved. If more frequent use you might consider a motorized cable winch, not too expensive and the wireless option would eliminate any dangling hand controls. I also agree that the use of a skyhook to the QCTP (for this size lathe) would seem to put a significant load on both the QCTP/compound especially when considers swinging it over and any jarring motion. I have seen them mounted to the back of the lathe headstock or on a cart.

6 Wheel Hoist Trolley with Rollers - Strut Trolley Assembly for Electric Hoist - Fits 1-5/8" Wide and Taller Strut Channel - High Strength and Silent

Electric Hoist With Wireless Remote Control & Single/Double Slings Electric Winch, Steel Electric Lift

A single track on center line of the lathe should be fine, should not be an issue with the Unistrut for the weight involved. If more frequent use you might consider a motorized cable winch, not too expensive and the wireless option would eliminate any dangling hand controls. I also agree that the use of a skyhook to the QCTP (for this size lathe) would seem to put a significant load on both the QCTP/compound especially when considers swinging it over and any jarring motion. I have seen them mounted to the back of the lathe headstock or on a cart.

6 Wheel Hoist Trolley with Rollers - Strut Trolley Assembly for Electric Hoist - Fits 1-5/8" Wide and Taller Strut Channel - High Strength and Silent
PXL_20210802_151831034.jpgPXL_20210729_191834788.jpg
Electric Hoist With Wireless Remote Control & Single/Double Slings Electric Winch, Steel Electric Lift
that would be pretty fancy LOL. kinda looking forward to using the old patented 1922 chain hoist though. will shorten the chain where its well above everything.

my 10 ft strut will have a fastener every 2 feet, 6 fastening points. will probably block between trusses and use carriage bolts to give clearance inside the strut for the wheels.

not clear on how you would get the trolley to turn 90 degrees or what the parallel tracks would do. I don't really need this for anything else in the shop. I have a 1-1/2 ton chain hoist in the center of the shop I back my truck under when I need to unload big stuff.

You have two parallel tracks, each with a trolley. You bolt a third track to those 2 trolleys at 90 degrees (crosswise). You then put your main hoist on a trolley on the crosswise track. It gives you an additional axis of movement, not just left and right, but front to back also.

Montaje-de-carro-de-2-piezas-elevador-el-ctrico-de-f-cil-instalaci-n-carro-de.jpg_80x80.jpg_.webp

kinda looking forward to using the old patented 1922 chain hoist though.

I can relate to that... After I got done with my hoist/trolley system (it's got a whole different purpose, that's how it got to what it is...), I picked up the cutest little quarter ton recirculating/differential chain fall I'd ever seen. Old school, just differential pulleys, no gears, no ratchets, no brakes. The ones that there was already a better solution for, such as yours, 50 years before OSHA (and common sense) killed them.... Just awesome. Trouble is, if the door is open, absolutely literally, the slightest brease will "wiggle" it enough to start to back-drive it's self. It won't "run away" (or at least it didn't yet), the chain gets silly and slows it down, but at a (relatively) consistant speed it'll randomly lower something from three feet ish, right to the floor at an abrupt but still controlled speed. I can be careful and respectful of one that will hold a load if you don't mess with it, but I can't have that... I know that's EXACTLY why we have "safetified" hoists these days, but this is honestly the first and only one I've ever seen that would actually do that without significant provocation. I really wanted to use that one. So disappointing....

I'm not one for any more gov't regulation than necessary but having a chain hoist stay put is a good thing LOL.

You have two parallel tracks, each with a trolley. You bolt a third track to those 2 trolleys at 90 degrees (crosswise). You then put your main hoist on a trolley on the crosswise track. It gives you an additional axis of movement, not just left and right, but front to back also.

Montaje-de-carro-de-2-piezas-elevador-el-ctrico-de-f-cil-instalaci-n-carro-de.jpg_80x80.jpg_.webp
I can't enlarge your pic but I get it now. that would be a good idea if I had something heavy sitting on the floor next to the lathe and needed to get it up on the lathe.

I have purchased some of the trolleys you pictured (Amazon). They are of pretty good quality and have worked well for me. I went with the 8-wheel one for my application because I figured it would put less point-loading on the unistrut flanges and less chance of a single-point failure resulting in a bad day. Probably overkill but I didn't want to do it twice.

I ended up ordering this one, nice big hole for the hook. just got back from HD with the Unistrut and a 10 ft 2x6. decided to fasten the 2x6 to the trusses and thru bolt the Unistrut to the 2x6.
aa.jpg

Back